| 01. LAST DAY OF SUMMER

( 🕷 )

( 🕷 )

The last day of summer was pretty much the day both kids and teenagers dread, knowing fully well that as soon as like Cinderella, the magic would end as soon as that clock strikes midnight. In other words, once the day was over, the said magic would end and so would the past two months of freedom.

Three teenagers were currently holed up at the Parker apartment, with the sole female of their trio situated between the two males, all lying on their stomachs as they kept their eyes fixated on the movie playing on Peter's TV. If it wasn't already obvious, they had Star Wars Episode V on and decided that having a six episode Star Wars marathon was the perfect way to end the last summer of their lives as freshmen.

Quinn Santiago laid on her stomach, resting her chin on the palm of her hand as she watched one of the movies she knew like the back of her hand. She wasn't ashamed to say that she's watched the entire Star Wars franchise enough times to memorize tons of lines from every movie. She loved the movies so much, she's loved it since she was but a young child since her brother practically dragged everyone (everyone, being her and their mom) to the cinema to watch the first episode of the franchise.

"You know, that still is gross," Quinn scrunches up her face as she watched Princess Leia lean in to kiss her twin brother, neither sibling aware of their familial relation. "It just gets gross once they drop the 'Leia is your twin sister' bomb in Return of the Jedi."

"Children shouldn't look!" Peter laughed, leaning over to cover Quinn's eyes with his large hands. The fifteen year old girl voiced out complaints, whining as she began to miss a part of the movie thanks to Peter refusing to removie his fingers away from her eyes.

"Get off me!" Quinn yelped when Peter put more force into keeping his fingers locked onto her eyes so she couldn't see a damn thing. It really didn't help that Peter was purposely pinning her down with his weight as he was doing so. "Peter, I'm missing the movie!"

"You've seen this movie a billion times, you know what happens!"

"I don't care, I wanna watch it!"

"You could if you could remove my hands!"

"I swear I'm friends with children," both of them heard Ned groan, and if Quinn could actually see, she would know that he was shaking his head as he shoved more butter popcorn into his mouth. He continued watching the movie on his own, knowing his two best friends would probably miss at least another ten minutes of the movie with the way they were playing around now.

All it took for Peter to release her was a few pokes on his sides, with the boy reacting with loud laughs when she did. She finally got away scot-free, shooting the curly haired brunette a triumphant look, fully aware that her hair was messed up thanks to her best friend. She ran her fingers through her hair in an attempt to at least salvage her look, causing Peter to shake his head in amusement.