| 00. THE VERY FIRST DAY

( 🕷 )

( 🕷 )

An anxious six year old girl gripped onto her mother's hand tightly, her dark eyes flickering as she took in her surroundings with a small pout on her face. She wore a rather nervous expression on her face, if it wasn't already obvious from the way her forehead creased and her palms sweat from the mere thought of being in a brand new place, and a brand new school.

"Mommy, I-I'm nervous," the young girl voiced out, causing her mother to glance over at her daughter, her pink lips curling into a reassuring smile. "What if they don't like me?"

The girl's mother placed her free hand on her daughter's head, smoothing her dark hair as her hand trailed down, using her index finger to tilt the girl's chin up towards her. "My dear, it'll be okay. The kids here will love you, I know they will. You are the kindest, sweetest, cutest girl I know, lovely," her mother reassured the six year old, who nodded a few times with a small smile on her face.

If it was her mother who told her so, then it must have been true. She trusted her mother more than anyone, she knew what was best for her and helped her as much as she could.

"Now you go out there, and make some friends, alright sweetie? I'll pick you and your brother up later in the afternoon," the girl's mother placed a firm kiss on the crown of her head, before releasing her grip on the six year old's tiny hand.

The young girl watched her mother disappear down the hallway, her big chocolate eyes brimming with tears she fought to keep in. She swallowed as she spun around, her tear-filled eyes taking in the closed gray door in front of her. All she needed to do was open this door, and watch as around twenty children turn to look at whoever decided to disrupt their class along with a teacher whose job it was to introduce her to her new classmates.

She sucked in a sharp breath, her nerves going insane as her knees shook at the thought of speaking in front of her entire class. It was nerve-wracking, especially for someone as shy as she was, she preferred that she didn't have to introduce herself in front of her whole class and force herself to answer the personal questions her teacher would ask like, "Where are you from?" and "Why did you transfer here?"

And she was gonna have to answer those questions, in front of all these kids, hoping that she wouldn't say anything that would embarrass herself. But it would be even likely that she could barely speak at all, she wasn't good with people and she wasn't good at speaking in front of them. She found it hard just to ask her teacher to go to the comfort room or even raise her hand to answer the teacher's questions.

But she knew nothing was gonna happen if she wasn't gonna head inside soon. The prinicipal was just gonna call her mother, informing her that her daughter didn't make it to her class on the first day because she refused to go inside as she was too shy. She couldn't have that.