Chapter 4

Brooklyn

As night fell, Sam, Dean, Mrs. Tran, Kevin, and I found ourselves in front of a warehouse. If it wasn't for the man that answered the door, we would have thought the place was abandon.

A metal detector sat right in front of the door, along with two other men. Kevin, Sam and Mrs. Tran went first, followed by Dean who sounded off the metal detector.

Sighing, Dean turned and glared at Beau who walked up to him with a smile. "Now, now, Dean. The system only works when everyone participates."

Dean started to pull out weapons left and right, laying them in a small box before him. I watched from the other side of the metal detector and couldn't help but smile and roll my eyes at him. He never could follow the rules.

Dean pulls out the demon killing knife, holdin it up to Beau, "I'll be back for this," He said sternly before setting the knife into the box.

One of the men nod for me to go ahead through, making me smile as I walked through, only for it to fall when it went off for me.

Everyone looks at me, Beau smiling slightly before walking up to me, "Brooke. You won't need those things here."

Dang it, so close.

My eyes stay on Beau as I pull out a gun from behind me, laying it in his open hand before reaching into my bra and pulling out a pocket knife.

"Thank you," Beau nodded with a smile before laying the weapons in the box along with Dean's. He gestured through some double doors, nodding for us to go ahead.

Sam and Dean led the way, pushing open the doors to reveal tons of items on display in glass cases. Auction attendees looked at each item, some even gossiping about one item more than another to their friends.

"How the hell are we supposed to know who's who?" Dean asked as we slowly walked in, the three Hunters on guard out of habit.

"It's pretty simple, Dean. They're all monsters," Sam said with a fake smile as we continued to look.

Dean hit Sam's shoulder roughly, pointing over to a glass case. We made our way, each step bringing us closer to the item. The Word of God sat in the glass case, open to the world, minus the piece of metal that's been fixed in front of it so it couldn't be read.

"Great," I mumbled crossing my arms over my flannel shirt. My eyes looked to Sam and Dean, "Told you so,"

They both were silent, looking back at the Word of God with frustration. If Dean could, he'd just take a crowbar and run off. But the guards at each door, a building full of monsters, and the whole place run by a god made Dean try to think of something else.

"I guess we're not as original as we thought," Kevin said, looking defeated. Sam shook his head, looking at us, "It's okay. It's okay. We just got to come up with a plan B."

"And what, pray tell, could possibly have been plan A?" A voice said behind Sam, causing us to quickly look to see none other than Crowley. My body immediately tensed and my brain was already going into fight mode. "Bring the Prophet to the most dangerous place on Earth, memorize the tablet, and then vamoose?" He smiled and looked at before looking at the boys, "Hello Brooke, boys."

"Crowley," Dean whispered, anger in his voice. My eyes glanced over to him to find him in the same boat I was in, tensed body, and fighting eyes. Sam looked at Crowley mixed with shock and anger. While Kevin had the look of fear in his eyes. Mrs. Tran just looked surprised.

Crowley wasted no time already sticking needles and pins into the boy's broken heart, "Kevin. What a pleasure to see you. Sorry about your little playdate. Her name? Ah. Well, if you're gonna make an omelet, sometimes you have to break some spines."