Chapter 9

Brooklyn

Dean was inside of a drive in called "Lost In The 50's". It was small and defiantly took you back to the 50's. Although he hadn't asked me what I wanted to eat, I knew he'd return with something for me.

Ever since the whole "Meant to be" thing with Cas, Dean hasn't really been talking to me. Maybe a few word here or there, but the jokes and conversations had stopped all together.

Sam was helpful in the respects of trying to get Dean to talk to me, but actually getting him to have a conversation with me. That was no luck.

My butt has been planted in the backseat, my hands working on a Rubik's Cube that I picked up at a dollar store. Sam was on the phone with someone, hopefully finding us a case. And Dean was returning to the car with three bags of food and a drink case with three drinks in it.

Dean practically tossed the bag of food through my window, making me quick pay attention and grab it. He handed me the drink, not saying a word as he got into the car.

"Who is it?" Dean asked his younger brother with a whisper. Sam quick put his finger up to Dean, still talking to the person on the phone. "No, listen to me. I said hang tight."

Sam hung up his cell, letting out a sigh before looking to Dean, "We got to get."

Looking at Sam confused, Dean motioned to his burger that still hadn't been taken out of the bag, "Can I at least finish my burger?"

"We got a vamp kill, Dean – Carencro, Louisiana."

Dean looked off, smiling slightly, "Huh. It's been a while since I've had some étouffée. Who's the source?"

"Martin Creaser," Sam said as I take my own burger out and take a giant bite. My face scrunches up slightly as I pull away from the burger, lifting up the top bun to find my least favorite thing. Pickles.

There is a long pause as the two brothers look at each other, but as if me picking my pickles off was the release, they started to speak up again.

"Sorry; for a minute there, I thought you said Martin Creaser." Sam's silence gives Dean his answer as I just watch from the backseat. The name doesn't sound familiar, so I make a mental note to but in and ask. "Crazy Martin from the loony bin?"

"Glendale Springs discharged him last month," Sam said, trying to justify that this guy was literally in the loony bin.

I leaned forward a bit, finally butting in, "Who's Martin?"

"And? Shouldn't he be assembling toys in a padded room? What's he doing back on the job?" Dean asked, completely ignoring my question.

Sam rolled his eyes and sent a side glare towards his brother as he looked at me. "Martin was an old friend of our dad. He's a hunter." With my question answered, I returned back into the backseat and took another bite of my burger.

Dean waited for his question to be answered, watching as Sam focused back on him. "Look, he called me when he got out, okay, asked if I had anything for him that might help him ease back into the game. He seemed okay, mostly, so I said yes. I've had him tracking Benny for the past week."

I almost spat out my food at the mention of Benny. We're really still on that subject? I thought we dropped the Benny subject four states over?

In disbelief, Dean turned his body to his younger brother, "You put "mostly okay" Martin on Benny? What is "mostly okay" doing hunting at all?"

As much as I'm pissed at Dean right now, I had to admit that he had a point.

Once again, Sam try to justify his old friend. "Not hunting, Dean, tracking. Observe and report only. I was crystal clear about that."