Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Dean

It all was coming together now. Metatron had granted the Indians immortal lives, only asking them for stories in return. It was a strange request, but we've dealt with stranger.

I climbed into the Impala, ready to head back to the Hotel when I felt this pressure on my lungs. I gasped lightly, my mind racing with imagines that weren't part of my memories. I saw Brooke trying to lightly pull Sam away from the Hotel door before he pinned her to the wall, choking her. The next image was her laying on the ground with Sam stumbling out the door.

"Brooke," I mumbled, feeling this tightness in my stomach.

Quickly, quicker then I think I ever have before, I started the car, put it in reverse, and peeled my way out of the museum. I raced down the road, heading for the Hotel which luckily wasn't that far away.

Once I reached the Hotel, I ran down the hallway and into the room. Sam was passed out near the door, his cell by his hand while Brooke was unconscious near the wall.

I checked Sam, finding a fast pulse and his body so hot that I swear he was going to burst into flames. I stood and made my way over to Brooke, checking her pulse to find it slow and barely noticeable. Quickly, I turned her on her back, "Brooke! Brooke! Brooklyn!" I yelled, starting CPR.

With every press on her chest and breath blown into her lungs, my heart raced and my mind went into panic mode.

By the second blow of air into her lungs, Brooke gasped away and started coughing. "You're okay, you're okay," I repeated as I sat her up, wrapping my arms around her and holding her close to my chest as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Sam... he..."

"I know," I said, still unsure what really happened in the car.

I pulled away from her, my hands on her face as I looked her over. She looked fine, her breath still shaky as she looked back at me.

My head looked past Brooke, towards Sam who was still unconscious. "I have to help Sam," I said, standing up. I helped Brooke up, making sure she was steady before rushing over to Sam. My arms hooked under his, my body hoisting him up slightly before I dragged his feet towards the bathroom.

Brooke quickly opened the door for me, watching me as I slid him into the bathroom. "Grab the ice from the freezer," I said to Brooke, gesturing towards the small kitchen.

In less than a minute, she had reached the freezer, grabbed the large bag of ice, and raced back. I started the water, turning it all the way to cold. It filled quickly while Brooke and I opened the bag of ice and dumped it into the water.

Between Brooke and me, we managed to grab Sam and lift him up into the ice water. We pushed his body down so it was covered with water and ice before both of us sat back against the bathroom walls, catching our breath.

I looked over at Brooke, who sat across from me, her eyes on Sam. "What happened?" I asked her, only knowing half of the details it seemed.

"He woke up and was trying to get into the hallway. He kept saying that he had to, that something was calling him. He was so warm that I just wanted to cool him down, but he wanted to go into the hallway. I tried to stop him, but then-"

I finished, gaining a confused look from Brooke, "He grabbed you and choked you before leaving."

"How did you know?"

A sigh left my lips as I looked at Sam, "Meant to be, I guess." How else could I respond? I have no idea what happened in that car, but I knew something was wrong. I saw it, and I felt it.