The Last Day

I'm woken up by Stefan and Elena if Elena's here that means Baby's here. I tell them all about my conversation with Elijah. I walk down stairs with them and I see Elijah he smiles at me I smile back and I sit down on the couch.

Elijah: Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse.

Stefan: Angel said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus.

Elijah: Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid.

[Damon joins them.]

Damon: Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie.

Stefan: Damon...

Elena: No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying.

Angel: I'm all for killing Klaus but she's right Damon.

Damon: I'll write her a great eulogy.

I glare at Damon: It's not an option, Damon.

Stefan: All right, how do we break this curse?

Stefan says trying to change the subject.

Elijah: Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know.

Stefan: The moonstone.

Elijah: A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each.

I look at Elijah: And where does my sister fit into this mess.

Elijah: The final part of the ritual.

[Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf.]

Elijah: Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of her death.

Damon looks at Elena then at me. Stefan takes Elena's hand. She looks at him. He opens the box and takes a jar from it.

Angel: And that's where you come in.

Elijah: This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation.

Angel: So She'll be dead?

Elijah: And then she won't.

Damon: That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?

He looks at me then Elena.

Damon: You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?

Elijah: Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work.

Damon: I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?

Elena: Then I guess I'll just be dead.

[Damon looks at Stefan. He shrugs. Damon looks at Elijah and leaves.]

Elena: Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?

Angel: Of course he does he's been waiting 1000 years. Keep up Elena.

Elijah: She's right Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will.