The Return

John is in the kitchen, and as he closes the refrigerator door, he sees Katherine standing there, posing as Elena.

You scared me. John said.

Sorry. Katherine said.

Is Jenna home? John said.

She had to meet the fire chief about the building. She doesn't know the truth. They've covered it up. Katherine said.

Yeah I know. How's Jeremy? John said.

Holed up in his room. Katherine said

Upstairs, Jeremy is in his bed. He's unconscious after taking all those pills.

Elena arrives at the house. She is on the phone with Stefan.

I looked everywhere. Elena said.

 What do you think, someone stole it? Stefan said.

Yeah, someone definitely took my stuff. Elena said.

Katherine and John are still in the kitchen.

Can I help? John said.

Katherine looks down at John's ring.

Sure. Katherine said

Elena is still on the porch, on the phone with Stefan.

You want me to pick you up? Stefan said. 

I'm just gonna check on Jeremy before I go to the hospital, can you meet me there?Elena said 

You bet. Stefan said.

Okay, I love you Stefan. Elena said.

I love you too. Stefan said.

Katherine grabs a knife and cuts off John's fingers, including his ring. Then she pushes John against the sink.

Katherine?! John says horrified.

  Katherine reveals her vampire face Hello John, Goodbye John. Katherine says and then she stabs him

Elena enters the house and goes to the bottom of the stairs.

Jeremy? Are you up? Elena says then She hears a noise in the kitchen and goes toward it.

Elena enters to find John on the floor, bleeding badly. She rushes over to him and tries to stop the bleeding. She grabs the phone and calls 911.

911, what's your emergency?
Hi, I-I need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street. Elena says freaking out a little.  

John sees Katherine watching and whispers Behind you.

What? Elena said. Behind you! John said.

Elena turns around and gasps but she sees no one there. She grabs the bloody knife and cautiously approaches the hallway.

Katherine speeds around, frightening Elena, before she runs out the door. Elena is terrified, and then she remembers Jeremy.

Jeremy! Elena says as She races up the stairs to his room Jeremy! Jeremy! Please, Jeremy, wake up!

Elena shakes Jeremy frantically and he wakes up.

John is taken away in the ambulance. Stefan arrives at the house. The officer tries to keep Stefan from entering.

He's okay. Elena says

Stefan follows Elena upstairs to Jeremy's room.

What happened? Stefan said. 

He said that Anna gave him her blood and then he took these pills and now...I mean he looks fine but then again so do you. So, I just...I don't know. Elena said