09

Eloise was currently packing her bag to go to Romania for the weekend. The timing wasn't optimal, but she really needed to sort the situation out sooner rather than later. She finished throwing her things in her duffel bag and headed downstairs to wait for Charlie, who said he would pick her up there at six that evening, so they could get there around eight Romania time.

She was obviously extremely nervous to travel there, particularly because she would be travelling with Charlie and they had been dancing around the awkward drunken situation that had occurred over a week ago. But she was also quite thrilled to sign the contract with the sanctuary and be done fretting over whether she would have a supplier to help build her stock back up after the busy month ahead of her. August was always the busiest month for Ollivanders, and already things were beginning to pick up. And with the amount of wizards who had come in to replace their wands after the war, she was running dangerously low.

When she reached the shop, she saw Charlie waiting outside, shifting his weight from one foot to the other as he waited for Eloise.

"You're always early," she complained as she joined him outside and locked the door behind her. She used a sticking charm to secure a note explaining her absence and date of return to the door.

"Maybe you're just late," he countered, poking her in the side.

She reached for his arm and checked his watch, laughing. "I'm three minutes early, you prat!"

"Well that's good, because the portkey leaves at exactly eight," he explained, pulling an old button out of his pocket and allowing her to grab hold of it. They waited the few minutes before the portkey left in comfortable silence, with Eloise sorting through her bag to make sure that she remembered all of her belongings.

When the portkey departed, Eloise found herself somewhat distracted, as Charlie had wrapped an arm around her right beforehand. As they spent more time together, especially after that night, it seemed that he was becoming more and more comfortable with her, teasing her more and finding reasons to write or stop by the shop. However okay with it all Charlie may be, Eloise found herself startled every time Charlie was overly friendly or invaded her personal space, like now.

Even if it made her feel strange, Eloise was thankful for Charlie's support as they landed, as there's no way she would have remained standing if not for his support. He released her as soon as her feet were firm on solid ground and she took a moment to look around.

The landscape around her was immensely beautiful, and she found herself awestruck by the scenic mountains and rolling green hills before her. When she looked over at Charlie, he looked immensely appreciative to be back in the beautiful country that he had called home for so long.

"We can go drop our bags off at my place and then I can introduce you to some friends of mine, if you like?" Charlie said, taking her duffel bag for her. She nodded in affirmation and she followed him up the hill to the small house atop it.

Charlie unlocked the door with a mumbled charm and placed the bags inside the door, closing it behind him. As he led her back down the hill and toward a small jumble of buildings, he began pointing out a few things. It was getting dark, so she couldn't see much other than the landscape and the lights of the buildings below, but she appreciated the explanation nonetheless.

They approached one of the larger buildings and Charlie stopped them before they went in. "I just want to apologize in advance. Everyone can be a bit much, and I know you're not one for crowds, so Danielle and Ivan in particular could be overwhelming. So just let me know if it's too much and we could just head back."

"Alright," she agreed, smiling up at the kind man in front of her. With how close the two had grown recently, it would've been easy for him to forget how uncomfortable she was around strangers, so the thoughtfulness was appreciated greatly.