Chapter twenty three

TWO WEEKS LATER:

STILL IN GARFIELD P.O.V

I couldn't believe that it had been two weeks, two weeks since I found her, two weeks since she went into a coma, two weeks since she almost died, and two weeks I spent in this hospital next to her. My parents visit often, to talk and leave flowers for Raven. I sat at her bedside again for the millionth time in two weeks and stared at her emotionless face. I brushed her purple strands of hair out of her face lightly. I kissed her forehead and got up to go to the cafeteria. I didn't have lunch yet and I was starving. "Ill be back beautiful." I whispered in her ear before walking out of the room

RACHEL P.O.V

I was screaming and thrashing in the darkness, I was tired of being here and I wanted to get out. I then heard a voice. "Ill be back beautiful." I instantly knew it was Garfield. I didn't know how much time has past but it felt like weeks since I saw his face and smile. I knew I had to wake up for him, I had to live to see him again. For the first time in weeks I opened my eyes.

I was blinded by the bright white lights. I quickly adjusted and looked around the room. I was in a hospital room and Garfield said he would be right back. I felt my stomach grumble, I swung my legs to the side of the bed and stood up. I wobbled but positioned myself against the bed. Even though I was in a hospital gown I peered out of the door into the hallway. the clock told me it was around five. I grabbed Garfield's wallet before I walked out of the room. I walked quietly as I passed doctors. A few asking if I needed assistance but I shook my head no, making them think I was a normal patient going for a walk.

I rode down the elevator toward the cafeteria. I stopped by the hospital gift shop and got some regular clothes to wear. I changed in the bathroom and quickly made my way to the cafeteria. My mouth began to water as I grabbed a burger, French fries, and an apple. I enjoyed the food, and ate it all in a few bites. As I walked back I saw Garfield, he didn't know I was up yet. Good. I don't know what to say to him yet I love him, but I don't want to get hurt again. All this turmoil going on in my head, I didn't realize I made my way up to the roof.

GARFIELD P.O.V

I walked around the corner and came to Raven's room, I the fast so I could be by her side. I opened the door and no one was on the bed. "Oh no." I said running to a doctor nearby. "Do you know where the patient in room 12 is.?" I asked quickly. "Probably just went out for a walk in the halls." he said smiling. "How could she, she was in a coma." I said and the doctor saw my panic he quickly ran into the room and looked around. "Ill go get security, you stay here until I get back!" He yelled quickly before running off. I didn't listen though, I got on an elevator and decided to check everywhere.

I didn't find her on any of the five floors of the hospital, I contemplated looking around outside till it hit me. There was one place I didn't check, the roof.

RACHEL P.O.V

My legs swung, I was sitting on the ledge enjoying the sunset. I wondered how long I had been out. 'I should get back to my room Garfield will be worried.' I was about to get up until the door of the roof burst open and Garfield ran next to me. "Raven, your awake!!!" Garfield yelled throwing his arms around me pulling me tightly against his chest. I hugged him back and buried my face in his chest. "How long have I been out?" I said even though my question was muffled in his chest, he heard me. "Two weeks." he said. "I missed you every single day you were gone." Kissing my head making me blush. "How did you find me?" I asked. "Well after your father took you I called the police and they helped me track you down, I would never give up on you." Garfield said. "Wait where's my father?" I asked worriedly. "Well he got in a cross fire with the police and guns." Garfield said. "Is he... dead?" I asked. "Yeah sorry." I just shrugged and felt a little bad, but I was happy he could not hurt me anymore. "Do you love me Raven?" Garfield said. I looked at him and contemplated telling him. I mean he did break my heart, but I needed to tell the truth. I looked him straight in the eyes and smiled. "Yes I love you Garfield." I said. He leaned in and his lips smashed into mine. I kissed him back and felt like fireworks were going off in the distance. Garfield pulled back and took my hand. "We better get back inside, the whole hospital is looking for you. You sure know how to get people's attention." Garfield said making me blush.