Chapter 5: Life

Friday, 13th October (2.00 pm)

"Hyung...."

Namjoon raised his head up and saw Jungkook, smiling at him while handing him a cup of coffee. He smiles back and takes the coffee. Namjoon continues writing the proposal, didn't pay attention to Jungkook. He needs to send this proposal later by 5pm and he's only halfway there. There's still a few data yet to be collected and he's running out of time.

Jungkook slides a file on the desk towards Namjoon, making him startled a bit. Namjoon carefully opens the file and his eyes widen at the sight. It was a complete data that he didn't get to collect yesterday.

"Hyung, I will continue from here. I'll finish the proposal. Jimin hyung is waiting. Don't make him wait too long."

"But Jungkook, this is my job. I can't let you do this. Besides you didn't know how to—"

"Hyung, I'm the golden maknae right? I can do this. Trust me" Jungkook smiles at Namjoon, assuring him to go.

Namjoon is speechless. He felt like crying. He packs his things, leaving his laptop for Jungkook to continue. He hugs Jungkook, saying 'thank you' repeatedly. He couldn't thank him enough for this.

"Hyung wait... take this." Jungkook hands him two movie tickets of the movie that Jimin wanted to watch.

"Jungkook ah... I don't know how to thank you.... I---"

"Shut up hyung. You're wasting your time. Go! Don't make him wait" Jungkook playfully smack Namjoon's chest before giving him a thumbs up. Once Namjoon leave, Jungkook sighs and continue writing the report.

-------------------------------------------

Namjoon rushs towards the place that he should be meeting Jimin three hours ago. He takes out his phone to call Jimin to immediately go there. But once he saw a message from Jimin, he immediately stop running for a while.

Jiminiebby: Hyung, when you're done with your works come here. I'll be waiting. No matter how long it takes. I'm sorry for last night.

Namjoon tighten his grips on his phone. He starts running again. He knows Jimin. He's probably waited for him for that three hours. Alone and cold. When he arrived at the meeting place, his eyes wanders. Trying to spot that pink hair of his. His eyes stopped at the sight of a small male, sitting alone with a thick scarf around his neck, almost covering half of his face.

Namjoon approaches him from behind. He could see the upset look on his face, patiently waiting for him to come even in this cold weather. Namjoon takes of his coat and put it on Jimin instead. Jimin immediately turns around, looking at the person behind him. Once he spots the person is the same person that he's been waiting for, he hugs him immediately.

"Hey... I'm sorry for making you wait this long"

Jimin shakes his head. His face still buried on Namjoon's chest. "I'm glad you're here. I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said that last night. I'm sorry love" Namjoon kiss the top of Jimin's head, tighten his hugs.

"Happy birthday love. Now let's go celebrate your birthday!" Namjoon released the hugs and drags Jimin with him. He promised Jimin that they would have a date on his birthday and a date it will be.

Jimin honestly didn't remember a lot that happened on that day. The only thing that he remember is having Namjoon with him. And that is enough for him. That day, is one of the best birthday he had.

-----------------------------------------

Jungkook stretched out his hand. He's finally done writing the proposals. He glances at the clock and realizes that he has 30 minutes left before 5. So, he packs his things, printed the proposals out and hand it to STAD immediately. By 5.00pm, everything is done.

Jungkook walks to the nearest Walmart and buy some instant food for his dinner. He rubs his necks while heating his food up. It's been a very exhausting day for him. He had test today and he tried his best to finished answering early so that he could go and collect the data. Once he'd done with that, he rushes to Namjoon's and offers himself to finish the proposal. And now, he's here having dinner all by himself.

Jungkook regrets nothing. When Jimin calls him, crying last night, his heart broke. Jimin didn't tell him about it. He just cried until he fallen asleep. Jungkook texted Jongin to know if something happened inside the council and he's right. Once he detected the problem, he called everyone on his line and asks for the meeting with all the presidents that Namjoon haven't meet with right after his exam ended.

If anyone look at him, they're probably think Jungkook is an idiot who's so whipped over a taken man. Well, try to be in his shoes. Can you stay put while watching the love of your life cried himself to sleep on his birthday? Perhaps they can but not him.

Things that he wouldn't do for Jimin can be counted by fingers on his left hand. That's all. Jungkook just wish Jimin to be happy on his birthday. He knows how much that guy has been enduring himself every time for Namjoon. And for once, he just want a bit happiness and Jungkook is willing to sacrifice his happiness for Jimin.

The night getting late, and yet Jungkook is still here, munching on his food. He's hoping that Jimin and Namjoon is having the time of their life.

####################################################

Start Again [KOOKMIN / JIKOOK]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें