Chapter 2.2

Maru asked for this, but when the door was shut behind them and there were only the two of them inside his office, her stomach fluttered in anticipation. He was looking at her as if he wanted to see her soul, and she felt exposed.

For a moment, she had to draw a deep breath to calm her senses down. This ain't looking good, she knew, and she didn't like it.

"So you're the manager of this coffee house?" she bravely fought his intent stare and started an argument. She was fuming a while ago and she wanted to stay as such, not like a smitten teenager in front of this gorgeous man. But as she looked at him closer, he became more handsome in her eyes, causing her heart to thud faster, and that was bad.

"Yes," he answered casually. He slid his hands in his pockets as his eyes continued to hover around her body. They would sometimes linger at her still wet blouse, making the thudding in her heart go even faster. "Oh, sorry about what had happened, Miss--"

She gave him an acrid smile. "Apparently, Mister, your sorry won't turn back the time and prevent things from happening," she cut him off. "Look at me, I'm soaked and a mess! Talk about excellent customer service, eh?" She really tried to be as bitchy as she could, but every time his chinky eyes would hover at her, it would melt the anger in her heart.

He showed embarrassment at the words she threw at him, but he remained cool. "I know my sorry won't turn back time, Miss. The mess had already happened. I can't do anything about it anymore. But I'll not just stand in one corner without doing anything. What I can do now is to make it up to you. Well, I can run a mile for you in the name of excellent customer service. Again, my apologies for the unfortunate incident that had happened to you inside my coffee shop..."

He sounded apologetic and sincere and even though she wanted to stay bitchy, she simply couldn't. She realized that it was difficult to be a bitch in front of an apologetic and uber handsome manager. The acid in her tongue dissipated.

She sighed deeply. "Why do you have to have stupid staffs bumping at your customers in this coffee shop?" she murmured incomprehensibly like a bee, annoyed and frustrated, as she ran her hands over her wet and dirty blouse.

She had a lot of litany in her mind moments ago. She wanted to berate someone for the mess she was subjected to. She was really upset and wanted to get even or to just vent out her frustration with someone. But all the deadly words in her mind melted at the crucial moment she badly needed to argue. All because of a very attractive man?

He pulled a loud sigh which she clearly heard. "Look, Miss, I'm taking responsibility for the unfortunate incident that had accidentally happened to you, okay? No one wanted this to happen. It was an accident. But still, my apologies. Let me make things up for you, okay?"

She shot him a sharp glare. His brows were cocking together, but his slanted eyes were pleading in a cute way. She did her best not to suck her breath. "So what can you do for me then?" she asked him in her most annoyed tone. "Let's just get over this mess. I still have an appointment later on to attend to and I can't go with this kind of condition. As you can see, I'm a mess. I need to change, but I don't have the time to go home and slip into a new set of clothes." She darted her eyes to her wristwatch, not only to check the time, but to avoid an eye contact.

God, why did he have to have a very cute and irresistible pair of chinky, Oriental eyes? His epicanthic eye folds only made him so damn attractive.

Maru, get a grip on yourself. You aren't suppose to act like an impressionable teenager swooning over a handsome face. You're old enough to be swept off your feet that way, she told herself, reprimanding her moronic blunder.