Prologue

Stunned, Maru felt as if she saw a ghost. She froze on her feet.

She blinked her eyes when she gathered back her wits, trying to erase the haunting image from her vision, but the figure leaning against the door of her apartment unit didn't disappear.

He was still there, hands in his pockets, as his blazing eyes looked at her with menace. He looked as if he wanted to strangle her neck.

"Maru..." he hissed her name under his breath.

Her body jerked involuntarily. His voice assaulted her ears, intensifying the fear that was creeping to her bones.

Her heartbeat suddenly palpitated, her knees started to shiver. The hatred she saw in his eyes was enough to make her cower in terror.

Benjamin... he was here!

She took a step back.

The man who was looking at her, definitely, didn't look like the Benjamin she used to know. He looked as if he was a different person, a total stranger.

Benjamin never stared at her with daggers in his eyes. He used to look at her with sheer gentleness, something that endeared him to her.

But there's no gentleness in his slanted eyes right now. It was replaced by cold hatred.

He looked rough, too, like a beast that could harm her any moment. The sweet smile on his lips was also absent. The sharp twist on his mouth only showed hate and anger.

He looked as if he hated the world. But he hated her more. That kind of cold, dangerous hate was apparent in his eyes.

She took another step back, fearing for her safety. 

Suddenly, she was scared of Benjamin.

Oh my, but why was he here in New York? How did he find her?

She knew she had to run before he could grab her. She could see danger flashing in his eyes. It made her intestines twist. Plus, she, definitely, wasn't ready to deal with him yet.

She never expected to see him waiting for her in the door of her apartment unit, looking dangerous, but still irresistible as ever.

She turned her back at him, preparing to leave, but his arms reached out to her, stopping her.

Benjamin was a tall and a big man, and with her petite frame, he easily caught her.

She squeaked. She automatically placed her hands against his chest, pushing him away.

But he only pulled her harder against him, crashing her face against his hard chest.

His distinct manly scent assaulted her olfactory nerves, intoxicating her, washing memories of the not so distant past all over her. Steamy memories she was trying to bury deep down the ground.

A bolt of heat shot down through her core, shook her insides, and concentrated in her womb. Suddenly, her skin tingled and warmed up, as if it was the height of summer.

She raised her face, looking up to him.

Their eyes met. She saw how a corner of his mouth twist in a rueful smile.

He unceremoniously pulled her body up in the air. His big, powerful hands securely grasped her waist, holding her in place.

She tiptoed. She opened her mouth to utter a protest. But he ducked his head. And before she could spew a word, his punishing mouth greedily covered her lips, shutting her up.

Maru didn't expect his aggressive attack. The last thing she wanted was for him to kiss her. And she was disarmed. That easy.

Her body succumbed to a deep longing as his hot lips conquered her own, as his searing tongue slid in her mouth.

God, but she missed him! Oh, how she missed this man! She had longed for him for the past six months.

And here he was, making her feel again the heat of passion and all sorts of earthly decadence that he could only make her feel as they passionately made out.

Her body reacted in a predictable manner. Longing rushed to every fiber of her being, setting her blood flowing in her veins like volatile gasoline, consuming her. All of her.

His effect to her had never changed. Not one bit. He still could make her lose her mind and her precious sanity.

And her self-control snapped. She found herself answering back his passionate lip lock.

His kiss deepened as she warmly responded to him. His arms around her body went firmer. He was literally squeezing her soft body, but damn she cared!

He pulled her up and pushed her against the door. Her feet were now hanging in the air. Their faces levelled as they continued to devour each others' mouths.

"Benj!" Gasping, she filled her lungs with oxygen when their lips parted ways.

"Maru..."

She opened her eyes and she saw the dangerous smoke of passion in his pair of adorable slanted eyes.

She swallowed hard. The thumping of her heart inside her chest was crazy.

She could feel his throbbing c0ck pressed hard against her belly, and her senses squirmed, her folds opened up, as liquid molten heat eased out of her core, creaming her panties.

She groaned silently. It was really a wonder how Benjamin could instantly make her burn with passion, with desire that was overwhelming. It was as if her body was just conditioned to react wantonly to him.

Panting, he brought his face close to her ear. "Where's your key?" he rasped.

And a warning screamed inside her head.

He wanted her. She wanted him, too. Her burning senses singed with atrocious excitement, but she knew she had to stop this madness.

"Please go, Benjamin..." she whispered softly in a quivering voice.

He hissed in her ear, quite enraged. "You damned well know what I want right now, Maru," it was a whisper, but his voice was rough, deadly and serious. "I want you..." he growled like a hungry beast, and it was clear that he didn't want resistance this time around.

"Please go..." she pleaded. She adamantly closed her eyes as her senses reacted to what he just said. Her stomach clenched, her pvssy throbbed in wild abandon. 

Her body was really a traitor. Damn!

But he just pressed his body even closer to hers. And she just couldn't ignore that thing that was poking against her belly - hard and sharp, digging in her soft skin.

"You have long denied me of this, Maru," he hissed in her ear. "I have indulged you for a long time, thinking that I'll have you in our honeymoon, anyway. I am a fool to have waited in vain. So I learned my lesson now, baby. No more fooling around. It's my call this time," he declared in a rough, authoritative voice.

Goosebumps attacked her skin and made her body shiver.

Baby...

Oh dear, but she badly missed that sweet endearment!

"Now open this damned door or I'll take you, right here, right now!" he growled with fire in his eyes. 

_____________________________________

P.S. This is serialized in the Radish Fiction App. There are already 9 posted chapters in Radish. So if you want to read in advance, just go to the Radish fiction app to check out the story! The app is available for Apple and Android users. You need to download the app on your phone if you haven't yet. Steal My Heart is set to Freemium, which means that a chapter is automatically unlocked for FREE after 7 days. You have the option to read the locked chapters right away by purchasing Radish coins or wait for a week to have free reading access. That easy! Go to Radish now to subscribe to the story! Thanks a bunch!

Love,

Sharon Rose