Victor

“Ugh,” I muttered, shielding my eyes from the onslaught of light shining in their direction.

I sat up slowly, feeling nauseous and achy as I blinked away the grogginess that held my brain captive.

My gaze landed on the refrigerator and the events from yesterday came back to me.

The trip to the doctor’s office, Kota remembering something from his past, my walk with Nathan, taking the medicine. . .All of it. Something sharp flared up in my head and I gasped as I tucked it protectively in my hands.

That’s right. I passed out from the pills. It hadn’t been the first time that the side effects had been too strong, but I hadn’t ever passed out from the medicine. Yes, I had gotten violently ill, but never once had they caused me to lose consciousness.

How long had I been out?

By the looks of it outside, it was early morning the next day.

Something putrid met my nose and I glanced down at the front of my shirt and floor to find dried vomit.

Gross.

With jello like legs, I stood up. My body ached like it had just endured a days work of nonstop physical labor and I knew that it was pertinent that I get to my bed before I collapsed here. At least I had a mattress in my room.

Clinging to the walls and anything I could use for support, I made my way back up to my room. It was slow and painful, but I managed to do it without seeing my mother or sister.

Or to be honest. . .the guys.

Where were they? It wasn’t normal for them to leave me alone like this. Usually, they tried to keep at least one person around at all times. And yet, here I was, alone.

My door stood ajar and it only gave me a moment's pause before I shoved my way into the room. My clothes were scattered around, not that I had many to begin with, and Marie was standing in front of my closet with a scowl on her face.

I didn’t even care at that point as I used up the rest of my energy to make it to my bed. I would have like to have gotten under the covers, especially since I was feeling a bit feverish from my exertion, but I wasn’t going to complain. At least I made it.

“You should really take a shower,” Marie said from the other side of my room, but I was hardly listening to her. When I didn’t respond, she added, “Sang, you stink.” As if I didn’t get what she was implying before.

I groaned into my pillow and ignored her. The throbbing in my head was becoming too much to think straight.

I knew that I should have been more upset that she was in my room going through my clothes, but I wasn’t. I was far past feeling anything more than the pain and exhaustion running chaotically through my system. She could take them all at this point and I probably wouldn’t care.

Vaguely I could hear her moving around in my room, but my eyes were already drifting shut. All I wanted to do right now was sleep and escape whatever this agony was.

Before I could fully drift away into oblivion, I heard Marie’s voice again, though it was closer this time. “Sang?”

***

“Is she going to be all right?” a deep baritone voice asked. It was a soothing, familiar voice to wake up to and I blinked my eyes open to search for the person it belonged to.

Victor hovered above my face, concern carved into his handsome features.

My head still had a subtle throb, but I was able to ignore it as I continued to wake up.