That Old Thing

(Devin's POV)

"Rollin cookie in L.A., I think I found my bae. She roll my weed, so she gonna be hard to replace. We takin shots of that Henny, I don't need a chase."

Lil Skies played in the background as I cut my honey game open and dumped out the tobacco. The "Orange Guerrilla" laid in a neat line along my dresser as I flattened my game out.

"Sprinkle. Sprinkle."

I'm just saying you've never smoked out of this world weed if you haven't bucked yourself up as you roll it. I grabbed my favorite lighter "blue flame" and lit up in the bed. My bestie had got me a Mary Jane shaped ashtray when she went to Cali, I use it every night.

"She see money all around me. I look like I'm the man."

Desirae's ringtone went off and I just stared at the California design that was on the back of my iPhone.

"Yeahh."

"Im home bae."

"Cool."

"I love you Devin."

"Yea, you too."

My thumb hit the red button before I could even think about it. I took another long drag of my blunt and tried to blow O's when I released.

(Ding Dong)

You know when you home alone and you swear you hear noises in the house, but turns out you just high af? That's me right now. I turn my t.v. down and pause the song playing.

(Ding Dong)

3:45a.m.

Who the fuck is ringing my doorbell? Desirae just called and said she was home.......I swear if it's Angel...I hopped out the bed and put my Alabama slippers on. The thc filled my lungs and I exhaled slow as I went downstairs.

(Ding Dong)

"Hold the fuck up. I'm coming."

Cold winter air hit my body like a city bus when I opened the door.

"Devin just listen please."

It was Angel and I didnt want to even look at her.

"Angel it's late and I'm trying to go to sleep."

"Can I come in please?"

"For what bruh? You walked out my life. Ain't no coming back my nig."

It was cold as fuck standing in that doorway, but my blunt kept me warm. Good ol Mary Jane always held me down.

"I'm sorry."

Tears rolled down her face as she stood there with her arms crossed. Her left hand wiped a tear as it rolled down her face.

"I just want to talk that's all."

It took the wind one last time to hit me in my face like a brick for me to open the door and let her in.

"So what's up Angel?"

I plopped down on my couch and turned the t.v. on. Highlights of the Warriors vs. Bucks game was replaying on ESPN. (My favorite channel) Angel sat down on the sofa across from me. She looked so frail and scared.

"I.....I missed you."

Her hands kept fidgeting with the cuffs of her sweatshirt.

"That's what you came over here for?"

I offered her a hit of the blunt. She reached across and took it in between her fingers. Her inhale was so long I thought she was going to finish it off.