Chapter 3

Hope you enjoyed the previous chapter. For those who think that Serena has learned too much, just a heads up, she hasn't quite mastered everything, she's still learning. But this is a fanfic, so anything is possible! Hope you enjoy this new chapter!

Lily Potter stared at the paper in front of her, not even trying to wipe away the tears that fell from her eyes. Alice Longbottom, her best friend, sat besides her comforting her but she didn't need that. She needed her baby girl.

When she had woken up this morning, she had seen her husband's shock and paled face as he was reading the newspaper, but didn't think it was much. Only doing so when the Longbottoms floo in, along side Sirius and Remus.

The article was about her daughter, Serena, the one she had intrusted her sister to look after, in fear of Death eaters targetting her because of Daniel. She had thought that Petunia would put aside her hatred for her and take care of her, but that wasn't the case.

A cupboard! Merlin, what had that bitch done to her baby? James had immediately ran out along with Frank, Sirius and Remus to go check up on her and bring her here. Daniel and Neville was upstair and Alice with her.

It wasn't like she had abandoned her like Rita said. She only thought she was doing the right thing because, much to her shame, Dumbledore had suggested it. Speaking of the old coot, he had floo over, but James had point blank placed his wand in his face and told him to bugger off.

James.

Merlin he took it horrible. He didn't want to separate the twins, but she didn't want them in danger and pleaded that he listen to Dumbledore. She wouldn't blame him if he hated her. She hated herself. Why did she even listen to Dumbledore in the first place?

"Don't worry Lils, everything will work out for the best." Alice soothed her and she sobbed harder.

The floo flared up and the four men came in. Frank, Sirius and Remus had came over, but James didn't spare anyone a look and just walked off to his study, his magic cackling around him. Lily bit back a sob. He really hated her.

"How was it?" Alice finally spoke up. The two Marauders shook their head.

"For once, Rita actually down played it." Frank sighed, sitting next to his wife, an elf bringing him a drink. Alice winced.

"That bad?" Frank looked at the crying red head, who finally wiped away her tears.

"Please tell me." Lily pleaded, determined to know what she had put her child through. The three men looked at one another, until Sirius spoke up.

"We used legitimus on both. Petunia abused her emotionally and mental, calling her a freak. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know her own name until she started school. She was forced to do all the chores starting from the age of three. Your bitch of a sister would grab both of her hands and burn it on the stove if she burnt any food, or hit her head with a frying pan." he began, ignoring the horrid looks the women were giving him.

"Vernon would beat the crap out of her and usually throw her into her cupboard. He...tried to..." he struggled with his words, his furious face told them everything.

"He actually..." Alice whispered in horror, but they shook their heads.

"No, her magic pushed him off. She...looked really small, so I'm not sure which age she was. But once she discovered her magic she fought back with it. She got a room and they left her alone." he said and they sighed in relief.

"She wore over sized clothes and was way too small for an eight year old, but she looked a bit better over time when they backed off. The signs were so bloody obvious, but none of the neighbours did a damn thing. I'm just glad her magic flared when it did and she took control of her life." Sirius sighed.