TEN: Parseltongue King

I don't own Harry Potter; I'm just borrowing him for a little while.

Harry waited until Nasta had finished his own breakfast before rising. Nasta followed.

"Did you have anything that you needed to do today?" Harry asked. Nasta nodded no.

"I had a meeting with the Ravenclaw king but as I am no longer king..." Nasta trailed off. Harry looked thoughtful for a moment.

"When was this meeting to occur?" Harry asked.

"In about ten minutes," Nasta answered. Harry tilted his head.

"If I was to attend do you believe the king there would challenge me?" Harry asked. Nasta thought about it for a moment as they walked towards the doors of the hall.

"Yes," he answered. Harry nodded.

"Where was this meeting to occur?" Harry asked. Nasta quickly answered.

"There is a large and empty room on the fourth floor that we regularly use." Harry nodded and thought for a moment.

"Take me there," he said. Nasta immediately began to lead him out of the hall and up the stairways to the fourth floor.

"When I become Ravenclaw's king I will need to appoint someone within house to run the court day to day, do you have any suggestions?" Harry asked. Nasta took time to think about it as they walked down the hallway towards the room they were to meet. Finally Nasta spoke.

"There is one; she would make a good leader. She's a half-blood by the name of Penelope Clearwater. She is already advisor to the Ravenclaw king and will be there today with the rest of the court. She is also a prefect," answered Nasta. Harry nodded. He remembered Penelope as she was at one time dating Percy Weasely. Harry realized something he had forgotten to ask as they reached the door and pushed it open. Thankfully they had gotten there first.

"While I know the Ravenclaw King by sight I do not know his name," said Harry.

"Claus Redsmith, half-blood also, his father was a muggle and his mother a pureblood witch," Nasta answered.

"Was a muggle?" Harry asked as he conjured a shadow like throne with the Slytherin seal for him to sit. Nasta answered as he moved to stand by Harry's left shoulder.

"I passed two or three years ago I believe. Apparently he was murdered. He was rich in the muggle world and rumor has it Claus mother had something to do with it. Nothing was proven of course but she got all the money," answered Nasta. Harry looked thoughtful.

"Redsmith, Redsmith, I do believe I have heard that name before but where," Harry said aloud.

"Apparently they have a company called Redsmith insurance in the muggle world, if that helps," Nasta replied. Harry smirked.

"It most definitely does as I do believe I am a forty percent shareholder in the company," Harry answered. Nasta looked at him with surprise before his grin turned as feral as Harry's.

"I never challenged him for king because he is known to be as cruel as his mother. We have a life debt that is owed to their family from my own. Perhaps I could repay it by convincing you not to ruin their company by mass selling your stocks?" Nasta asked. Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Perhaps, but tell me, what have I to gain?" Harry asked. Nasta looked pensive for a moment.

"I have no idea, what would it be that you would want?" Nasta asked. Harry pounced.

"An oath, a fealty oath," said Harry. Nasta looked incredulous.

"An oath! But..." Harry cut him off.

"I would not make you turn against your family. I am not Voldemort's but neither am I Dumbledore's. This is my price." Nasta looked at him with confused and intrigued eyes.

"I am dark," was all he said. Harry turned and looked at him before answering.

"I know, and so am I." Nasta nodded his head before kneeling down and raising his wand.

"I Nasta Rabastian LeStrange swear fealty to my Lord," he paused and Harry whispered his full name and Nasta's eyes widened before he continued. "My Lord Hadrian James Potter, Lord of the Houses Potter, Peverell, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Gryffindor, and Morgenstern, Scion to House Black, to serve and protect his interests for all my days, so I say, so mote it be." A single silver light flashed and Harry set his wand to Nasta's shoulder.

"I Hadrian James Potter, Lord of the Houses Potter Peverell, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Gryffindor, and Morgenstern, Scion to House Black vow to always provide protection and a hearth to Nasta Rabastian LeStrange for as long as he serves me and wears my mark," said Harry and a second silver light flashed and magic flowed from Harry's wand into Nasta's shoulder. A tattoo of a black panther sitting and looking over his shoulder formed on Nasta's shoulder blade with the Norse runes of protection in silver on top of it. Harry personalized it by adding violet to the panther's eyes and making purple runes form the LeStrange name on the panther's tail in tiny letters.

"Rise, and stand by me," Harry said. Nasta obeyed, standing once more by Harry's shoulder as they waited for the Ravenclaw court to arrive.

The Ravenclaw courts made them wait an extra ten minutes before arriving in a show of power. Harry however was not impressed. Claus sat in his own conjured throne and his court stood around him.

"So Slytherin has a new King," Claus drawled. "It would seem then our truce is finished." Harry's face remained carefully blank as he replied with an equal drawl.

"So it would seem." Claus turned to Nasta.

"How did he beat you? I can feel his power is only slightly larger than that of perhaps a third year, strong for his age but still," Claus asked ignoring Harry for a moment. Nasta didn't answer but Harry fought the urge to grin insanely. "Perhaps I should have challenged you a year ago instead of calling truce if you were so weak," Claus tried further to rile Nasta up. Nasta once more didn't reply. Claus looked angry. This wasn't how he was led to believe Nasta would act. He was supposed to be as deranged as his mother. Harry noticed the confusion in Claus's eyes and could no longer resist the urge to smirk. Claus's eyes narrowed before he opened his mouth to speak.

"I challenge you," Claus said. Harry rose smirking further.

"As the challenged I choose our rules, I chose King," answered Harry.

"Accepted," Claus answered as he too rose from his throne.