FOUR: THE WOLF, THE DOG, AND THE DANCING SNAKE

I don't own Harry Potter, I'm just borrowing him for a little while.

"He's not like James or Lily at all," said Sirius quietly to Remus when Harry exited the room.

"That's to be expected, Padfoot, he didn't grow up with them at all. Besides," Remus indicated to the hanging Master's certificate where it hung on the wall beside them. "He's obviously got Lily's brain."

"I know he just seems so..." Sirius paused looking for the word he wanted before sighing and saying, "Slytherin I suppose."

"Is that truly a bad thing Pads? In this kind of world where he's going to be watched from all sides? At least you know he'll survive the politics he's going to be thrust into," answered Lupin. Sirius sighed again but conceded the point to Remus. Harry once more entered the room this time with a large cloth bag which he promptly handed off to Sirius.

"You and Remus have volunteered to be my pack dogs for today, you know that right?" Harry asked.

"Umph," said Sirius surprised by the weight, "Pup, wait can I call you pup?" Harry nodded affirmative. "What do you have in here? Clothes for the month?"

"Nope," answered Harry popping the p, "That's only this week's. I enjoy fashion and being well dressed always makes a good impression no matter what style you're wearing."

"Well at least you and Padfoot over there agree on something," said Remus.

"Hey clothes are important," pouted Sirius.

"Books are important too," Remus shot back. Harry tilted his head as they argued back and forth.

"So, you two are together then?" Harry asked. They both turned to look at him incredulously. "Oh I'm sorry you two just fight like you're married or fucking so I figured," Harry continued shrugging. "It's not like I would judge if you were considering how much I hate hypocrisy."

"No we aren't together Sirius still proclaims that he is very much straight, I on the other hand am bi," answered Remus. "So we won't judge either." Harry looked over his godfather critically before turning to Remus.

"Did he find Narnia in there yet?" Remus burst into laughter while Sirius just looked confused. "Any how we should get going, I want to pick up a few groceries before my class as well," continued Harry grabbing his keys and card from the bowl on the small glass table. Remus and Sirius followed him as they walked down the stairwell asking him all manner of questions. Sometimes he had to twist the truth of his answers a little so he didn't give himself away.

"I know you've said you're emancipated pup, but I'm wondering who raised you?" Sirius finally asked after they got the clothing into the washing machine and it started. Harry sighed and turned to his godfather,

"I did. I have abilities that made it easier and I am very intelligent so it wasn't difficult," Harry answered.

"But you were just a baby, I just don't understand how. Even if you were intelligent you were still just a baby. Even the goblins won't deal with a baby, a toddler maybe but not a baby," said Sirius repeating himself a few times. Harry sighed again and let his hair flash red, gold and green before changing back to black. Sirius reared back in surprise.

"You're a Metamorphagus!" he exclaimed. Harry raised an eyebrow as if to say 'no shit Sherlock'.

"Well pup," said Remus, "Why don't we get those groceries you were talking about while we wait for the clothes to wash; that is if the store is close." Harry nodded,