FOUR: THE WOLF, THE DOG, AND THE DANCING SNAKE

Start from the beginning

"It is."

Soon enough they were at the grocery store Harry picking out fruit, vegetables and other healthy things and pulling out the unhealthy snacks Sirius kept trying to pile into the cart. Harry once more made Sirius and Remus carry his things as they walked back to the apartment.

"Why are we doing this for you again?" asked Sirius. Remus looked at Sirius before answering,

"Because your damn godson manipulated the check-out lady into thinking we were being too hard on him if we make him carry a single bag." Harry grinned as he skipped in front of them.

"It's the puppy dog eyes," said Harry.

"Damn right it's the puppy dog eyes," snorted Sirius.

"Don't complain Pads you used them enough in your youth," scolded Remus and Sirius grinned as he thought back with fondness.

It was only eleven-forty when the laundry was finished and the groceries all packed away so Harry made them all a quick lunch of tuna and cucumber sandwiches before going into his room to change. When he came out he was wearing loose black leggings in a pair of black leather boots with small heels and silver buckles and a tight dark green shirt with a half open black leather vest. His hair was now pulled up in a messy bun with two black and green chopsticks in it.

"What's with the wardrobe change?" asked Remus. Glancing up from the psychology text he had pulled from the shelf and begun reading.

"Needed something a bit looser to dance in," answered Harry. "You can borrow that if you'd like Moony, I won't be needing it now." Remus looked confused.

"Even if you're going to Hogwarts you can still continue your muggle education," Remus said.

"I know, but I already wrote my psychology masters exam and now I'm just waiting on the results so I don't need that textbook anymore or at least in the near future," answered Harry.

"You've got another mastery!" Remus exclaimed.

"Not yet," answered Harry. "Besides we've got to go since we're walking to the studio." The studio was only a fifteen minute walk away from Harry's apartment and although they were almost fifteen minutes early many dancers were already there and greeted Harry as he arrived.

"Who are they?" asked one of the boys who was rolling and stretching his ankles indicating Remus and Sirius.

"My godfather and honorary uncle, they wanted to spend the day with me so they are going to watch," answered Harry beginning his own stretches. An hour and a half later saw a very tired Harry and a very impressed Padfoot and Moony walking back to Harry's apartment.

"I just don't understand it. Your father wasn't a klutz by any means but he wasn't that graceful and your mother," Sirius paused to look at Remus who was grinning just as wide as he, "We learned to always let her go down the stairs first unless we wanted to go down with her when she fell."

"I've always been graceful, but still plenty of practice definitely helps," answered Harry with a shrug. "Besides I've found that having a basis in dancing helps me maintain my balance in my self-defense classes."

"You take fighting classes too?" asked Remus.

"Yes and fencing courses," answered Harry.

"You did all of this while studying for your Mastery?" asked Remus incredulously. Harry looked up at Remus with a grin.

"Of course I also studied magical subjects as well." Remus chocked shaking his head.

"You are crazy." Harry's grin grew wider.

"All the best people are."

______________FOUR WEEKS LATER_____________

Harry was sitting alone in a compartment near the end of the train, the furthest away from the prefects reading a book on runes he had picked up with his supplies. He had never taken runes in the previous timeline but had begun general beginners study over the years and found them fascinating. They were easy to understand and quite a bit like languages. Arithmacy on the other hand he hated. He could do it given time but it hurt his brain. He just wasn't cut out for any form of mathematics.

His school shopping had gone very differently this time around without Hagrid. As he already had claimed his Lordships in all but the Black house, in which he had his heir ring on a leather thong round his neck, disillusioned of course as were the headship rings on his fingers he had a Gringotts black card and therefore no reason to go to the bank itself.

He also had most of the school books necessary for the coming year he only had to pick up a few books for supplementary and personal reading. He picked up robes from Madam Malkin's along with a few accessories and also stopped at the magical menagerie to find an owl and a pet. He couldn't get Hedwig again; it just wouldn't be his Hedwig. So he settled on a small black raven he promptly named Korbin which means little raven. He also acquired a baby panther cub that he had bonded with as familiar. He had named the little cub Hades and Hades was currently napping on his lap as he read.

Suddenly the door opened and a familiar red head peeked in. 'Good' Harry inwardly grinned 'let the games begin'.