THREE: TO START OVER

Start from the beginning

"This is a nice place," said Lupin, "you play?" he continued nodding toward the piano.

"Of course why else would I have it?" Harry answered with sarcasm. It was clear they had no idea how to treat him. Harry saw a sneer flash across Snape's face as he opened his mouth but Snape was interrupted by Dumbledore.

"Harry my boy," Dumbledore began.

"Sir I am not your anything, nor have I given you leave to refer to me in such an intimate manner. As you obviously know my name I ask for you to refer to me as proper etiquette demands," interrupted Harry setting his cup down on the small glass table.

"I apologize, Mr. Potter. I am Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and this is." Harry once more interrupted Dumbledore.

"Minerva McGonagall, Transfiguration Mistress and Professor at Hogwarts, Severus Snape, Youngest ever Potions Master, and also a Professor at Hogwarts, Remus Lupin, currently unemployed, werewolf, friend of my parents, also known as Moony, and Sirius Black, Auror, and my Godfather, also known as Padfoot. I know who you all are, please continue." Dumbledore looked slightly pissed off but quickly schooled his face, other than Snape the others were visibly surprised. Dumbledore glanced around.

"Mr. Potter I must ask again where is your guardian or guardian's I must speak to them," Dumbledore asked. Harry refrained from rolling his eyes.

"I do believe I have already answered that question Headmaster, as such I feel know need to repeat myself," answered Harry.

"I'm afraid I must insist," said Dumbledore. This time Harry didn't hold his sarcasm back.

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain this to you so if you would please hand over my invitation to Hogwarts and leave it would be much appreciated. I have plans for today and would very much like to be on my way," answered Harry standing. McGonagall handed over a letter from inside her cloak. Harry popped open the seal and scanned it.

"Would my verbal acceptance suffice?" Harry asked looking up at McGonagall.

"Pardon?" McGonagall asked slightly confused. Harry indicated the letter.

"It asks for an owl no later than today, however since you are here currently would my verbal acceptance of my place in Hogwarts suffice?" Harry asked once more. McGonagall nodded.

"Yes it would."

"If that is all, I have a few errands I want to run today before my dance class at one," said Harry.

"Now my dear boy, you will need to come with us. We can't have you living alone, certainly not at your age," said Dumbledore once more allowing the grandfatherly persona to sweeten his words. Harry didn't fall for it.

"Are you senile?" Harry asked. "I do believe I have already given an adequate answer to such question, I am an emancipated minor, not only in the muggle world but the magical world as well. This means I can and will live in the location I want. If you try and forcibly remove me from my home and relocate me to any other local, it will constitute as kidnapping and you and any who help you will be charged accordingly. Do you understand or do I need to repeat it slower?"

"I think he understands Mr. Potter," said Lupin awkwardly. "Perhaps, if you wouldn't mind, Sirius and I would like to spend the day with you. We could help with your errands and such, and maybe watch... your dance class you said?" Harry looked at the two men.

"I believe I would be alright with that. You both can call me Hadrian if you like, or Harry if you prefer," said Harry before turning back to the other three adults. I would say it's been a pleasure but I do not believe that would accurately describe my feelings of this meeting at all. I will however say I look forward to learning from both of you in the coming year." McGonagall gave him a smile as she ushered a still protesting Dumbledore out the door and Snape mere raised an eyebrow before giving a single nod and following. Harry closed the door behind them and pinched his nose before gathering up the dishes from tea and bringing them into the kitchen. The two men were standing awkwardly in the sitting area when he once more exited the kitchen.

"I apologize for my earlier sarcasm and coldness. Perhaps we could get to know each other on a more personal level before my class? I have laundry I need to bring down to the laundry mat in the basement (I don't know if England has these but we do here so...) while we're waiting for it we could talk?" asked Harry. The men nodded and Harry smiled. "Give me a moment to grab my laundry bag from my room then," he said as he disappeared into his room where he grabbed his bag and put on a pair of socks. In the living room Sirius and Remus spoke of the boy they truly knew nothing about.