Chapter 00 / Minshik

a/n: thank you to @/KpNagaGa on Twitter for allowing me to use her beautiful piece of artwork for this sequel ^^

———————————————

I ran as fast as I could—running... because I knew that Yejoo would be waiting for me. My heart was skipping so fast. I was overwhelmed with so many different emotions. I was running out of desperation, and—for the first time: hope.

I reached to ahjusshi's goat farm, running past his building, going to meet Yejoo to free our goat, going up the hill. I was almost there, until... I stopped in my tracks, trying to realize what my eyes were seeing. That ahjusshi... no. He wronged Yejoo... taking away her innocence. Suddenly, I felt a wave of fear overcome me. I couldn't move. I was frozen as horrible memories began to flood into my mind.

"Ahjusshi... please," my voice quivered. "Stop..." But he didn't stop. I could only feel weakness, vulnerability... disgust. Augh... these horrible memories... I thought I buried them.

With fear over taking me, it erased my desperation... and hope."STOP!" I yelled out. I suddenly awoke, waking myself from my scream. I was in my bed, sweating. I could feel myself huffing and panting, struggling to breathe. I turned to look at the time. It was 4 in the morning.

"Aish, jebal!" I cursed. The nightmares haven't stopped since that day... and I haven't seen Yejoo since then either. I could feel a heavy lump in my throat as I tried to hold my cry from wailing out.

I cleared my throat. Suddenly, I felt warm streams spilling from my eyes. I grabbed my pillow from beneath my head and covered my face.

I grabbed my pillow from beneath my head and covered my face. I screamed into my pillow and muffled more cursing under my pillow.

I didn't want to cry... but I couldn't stop my cries from coming out.

If there is a god out there... I hope he hears my cries. I'm tired... and my heart hurts.