Chapter 11

~Chapter 11~

Adeline

Alexis hasn't woken up yet. It's killing all of us that we haven't seen her eyes yet, but it's harder on Bentley.

Carrie and Carter came over with Braxton to seen Alexis. Braxton looked heartbroken when he saw Alexis in the hospital bed. He told me that his girl was on the bed.

I was heartbroken.

Bentley barely talks to anyone. All he does is hold Alexis's hand and stare at her. I make him eat and take a shower but it's hard doing that.

When the doctor told us that her heart had skipped a beat I almost past out. Alexis's heart never done that before. The doctor said that it might take a while for her to wake up due to the lost of energy, but she will wake up.

"You okay?" Bentley asked for the first time we got here. I looked up and saw that he was starring dead at me.

I shrugged."I just want her to wake up"

He nodded then turned his attention back to Alexis. He hadn't really been talking to me or asking if me and the baby were okay. Oh no my baby.

I stood up from my chair and made my way out of the door. I needed to find a doctor. I missed my appointment a couple of days ago and I needed to make sure my baby was okay.

"Mrs.Reed are you alright?" The doctor who was taking care of Alexis asked.

"I need your help" I pleaded.

"Sure what do you need?"

"Well I'm pregnant and I was supposed to get an ultrasound a couple of days ago but my daughters in here" I explained."I was wondering if you could give me an ultrasound real quick"

He smiled."Yes of course, but don't you want your husband to be with you?"

I looked back at Alexis's room bs shook my head."He's too busy with our daughter right now"

He nodded in understanding then motioned me to follow him. We walked though the lobby and into the maternity section, he held open a door for me and I stepped inside to see a bed with monitors all around it.

"Okay just hop on the bed and lift your shirt up"

I did as he said and watched as he put together the machine. I felt guilty not talking to Bentley about this but I knew he wouldn't leave Alexis's side. Even if I was pregnant.

"I would warn you about the gel but I'm sure you already know" He smiled.

I laughed."Yes"

The cool gel was on my abdomen and I flinched at the coldness. I watched the screen as it took forever for it to show my baby.

"These's machines are old but I promise they work" He laughed.

We watched the screen again and it slowly began to pick up a picture. I sucked in a breath as the black and white screen become more clear.

"Well would you look at that?" The doctor said.

"What is something wrong with my baby?" I asked panicky.

He laughed."No but if you look there you can see..."

---------------------------------------------

Short I know but what about that cliffhanger? 😮

I'll update real soon though.