thirty one.

A/N! - this chapter was previously deleted by wattpad like two times. I AM NOW REDOING IT AGAIN. please bare with me. thank you.

{REAL LIFE}

THE SUN WAS SLOWLY ABOUT TO SET ON THE SMALL TOWN OF NEWBURYPORT

THE SUN WAS SLOWLY ABOUT TO SET ON THE SMALL TOWN OF NEWBURYPORT. It was a cold Thanksgiving night, and after they spent with their families, they chose to watch the sunset together.

The sat behind an old oak tree at the old elementary school they attended. It looked over a large soccer field, which had a perfect view of sun dying out for the night.

Fanna's head rested up against Joe's shoulder as they sat in silence, watching the beauty in front of them. "I don't think I could ever eat another piece of turkey again," She mumbled.

Joe chuckled softly, looking down at her. "That's what you get for stuffing yourself," He told her, with caused a soft laugh appear from her lips.

The silence rose again. Fanna and Joe didn't know what they were. They knew they were friends. But friends just didn't kiss and hug and say they loved each other.

"Fanna, what are we?" Joe whispered. Fanna lifted her head from his shoulder and she scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion.

"What do you mean?" She questioned him.

"You know what I mean Fanny," He replied, facing her. "I want to be with you. I don't want to keep doing this bull crap."

The thing was, Fanna was scared. She feared that he was going to leave her again and not talk to her. Just like for the past six years.

"I.." She stuttered, trying to find the right words. "I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know?" He asked sternly. "Fanna, I said I want to be with you. What else does that mean?"

"I know, I know." She said softly, ticking a piece of hair behind her ear. "I guess, I'm just scared."

"Scared of what?" He blurted, with a demanding look in his eye. "What could you possibly be scared of?"

"I'm scared of loosing you! Alright!" She snapped. "I don't want to take the risk of loosing you again and never speaking. I already have done that for the past six years, and I don't want that."

Joe's mouth dropped, and it felt like his heart dropped. "Fan..."

"Look, Joe you know I love you. But it's happened before, and I'm really scared to take that risk, okay?" Fanna's voice cracked and tears spilled out of her eyes. "God, I'm sorry.."

"Hey, Fan.. look." Joe reassured her, grabbing onto her hand. "I know, it's scary. But, I've matured and I've learned from my mistakes. You deserve the whole world, and I want to give it to you. I mean, look at you. You're so beautiful, and I've been in love with you since day one. But sometimes taking a risk is a good thing. Because, I'm not leaving you. I'm not leaving you again."

Fanna looked at Joe as he gave her a soft smile. "God, you're such an idiot.." She laughed quietly, which only made Joe laugh as well.

"Fanna, be mine." He whispered. "Please, I'm not asking for nothing else.."

There was a silence between the both of them, until her eyes connected with his. "I'll be yours, I love you." She whispered, and leaned in for a passionate kiss.

The tree that sat behind them was the first place where they had their first kiss, their first date, the first time Joe asked her out, the first time they snuck out of the house at three in the morning to talk about life. And now, the first time they reunited.

Joe pulled away from the kiss moments later. "I love you too."