nineteen.

{REAL LIFE & TEXT MESSAGES}

IT WAS LATE IN PARIS, and some how Fanna just couldn't fall asleep

IT WAS LATE IN PARIS, and some how Fanna just couldn't fall asleep. She was tired, but overthinking was stuck in her mind.

She sat at the edge of the bed, running her fingers through her long wavy hair. She missed home. She missed being in Newburyport. As much as she loved traveling the world and entertaining people, just like everyone else she got homesick.

She felt soft tears trickled down her cheeks, as she pulled out her phone. She couldn't text Natalia, due to the fact she was out with her boyfriend, Charlie. She couldn't text Dacre because he assumed he was fast asleep due to jet lag. But there was one person that came to mind, that was Joe.

The two were trying to fix the old friendship they had, but Fanna still wasn't fully comfortable of letting him back in this side of her. But, she knew she had to talk to someone. Or something bad would happen.

She scrolled to her text messages and sighed, before texting Joe.

fanna
please tell me you're awake
joe

joe
yeah i am
what's up?

fanna
please come to my room.
please, i'll tell you when you get here.

joe
is everything okay?

fanna
joe just please just come

joe
okay okay

IT ONLY TOOK Joe about a couple minutes to come flying from his room to frantically knocking on Fanna's door. She got up from her bed, wiped her bloodshot eyes and opened the door.

Joe was wearing a simple white t-shirt and some black sweatpants. "Fan, are you okay?" He asked in a concerned voice. He stepped in and she shut the door. "What happened?"

Then, she broke down in tears. "Aw, Fan.." Joe condolence her, bringing her into a hug. She continued to cry uncontrollably, and Joe knew how to handle this. He had to deal with her crying episodes multiple times.

"Fan, please tell me what's the matter.." He whispered, resting his chin on her head. She turned her head, so she wasn't crying in his chest no more.

"I-I'm home sick.." She muttered out, with a loud sniffle. "I've never been this homesick, but Casey posted a picture with my family and I just miss them. I haven't seen them in months.."

"Hey, Hey." Joe told her. "Listen. It's gonna be okay. You're going to see them soon. Thanksgiving is coming up and you'll be with them. It's okay."

That's where she started crying again, because Joe always had the right words. Even if the situation wasn't that serious.

"Hey, Hey now. Quit crying or you're going to get yourself sick." He laughed as he rocked her back and forth. She remembered him always saying that, which made her laugh quietly.

"There we go," He smiled, looking down at her. "Remember that one time, when I said if we ever went to Paris together we should try snails?"

She looked up, her brown eyes met his. "Wanna try snails?" He asked, and she nodded. Joe somehow made her overthinking disappear.

"Ugh, I can't believe you actually remembered that." Fanna said, looking at the plate of snails in disgust.

"Oh come on, we're doing this together." He chuckled, picking up a snail. She did the same, already creeped out by its texture.

"I hate you so much," She mumbled. "One... Two... Three." The two former lovers swallowed the snails whole and Fanna squirmed, and so did Joe.

They both started laughing, looking at each other. "I can't believe we fucking did that!" Joe told her. "God, that was awful."

"You think?" She said, taking a sip of her water. She laid back on the bed and Joe sat next to her. His legs were crossed, and his hands were in his lap.

There was a silence before the 24 year old broke it. "You know, I was scared. To let you back in," She whispered, as she glared at the TV screen. "Like you know, as a friend. But, it's not bad as I thought it was."

A soft smile rose on Keery's face as he looked at Fanna. "I forgot how good you were at cheering me up, so thank you."

"Of course, Fan. You still mean everything to me." He whispered, as he looked at her. She smiled slightly and looked at the TV.

"You're something else Keery, you know that?" She yawned, closing her eyes.

"Yeah, I've been told." He joked, looking down at her. But there she was, knocked out. He guessed maybe all that crying made her tired. But that's what always happened. She cried, he helped, and then she fell asleep. He shut off her lamp and her TV, getting up to go back to his room.

But before he left, he turned around to look at the sleeping girl. "I love you Fanna." He whispered. "I love you so much."

And he left, and went back to his room like nothing ever happened.