The Escape

NOTE: THAT IS NOT THE OUTFIT AHSOKA IS IN! SHE IS IN THE ONE FROM HER OLDER YEARS IN THE CLONE WARS! THIS PICTURE IS MERELY TO SHOW THAT SHE WAS MEDITATING. (Also I thought it was quite cool.)

 A/N: Hey everyone! I know I have not updated any of my stories in nearly a year. This is because I have been very depressed lately, and that makes me not motivated to do much of anything. I don't know if any of you really know this about me, but I have arthritis and it has really been bothering me. I went from being a gymnast to not being able to roll over in bed because of how much pain I was (and still am) in. It's been very depressing to the point where I attempted suicide. I'm doing a little better now, though. Seeing people reading, following, and voting on my stories was always something that brought a smile to my face. Wattpad means a lot to me. Y'all mean a lot to me. Keep being awesome, and I hope to update my other stories sometime soon. For now though, this is the first chapter of the new Rexsoka story I promised y'all a while ago. If anyone has any ideas for a title, feel free to put them in the comments. The person who comes up with the best title will be given a shout out and be able to see their idea of a title as the title of this fanfiction!

P.S. This story takes place during and shortly after Order 66 was issued. Also, Ahsoka never left the Jedi Order. She took up her Master's invite to finish her training and is now a Jedi Knight.

-DeadlyF3male

          Ahsoka Tano was in a deep meditative trance in her small unlit private chambers in the Jedi Temple on Courascant when she heard-or rather felt- explosions rock the temple. On instinct she grabbed her lightsabers and ignited them, casting an emerald green glow around her room. Once Ahsoka assessed that she was not in any immediate danger, she deactivated her lightsabers, but stayed on high alert. She slowly crept over to the door which separated her chambers from the rest of the temple and pushed the button that opened the door. It was quiet.

          "Too quiet," Ahsoka thought.

          Normally, she would hear younglings laughing and running down the halls chasing each other. She would hear the sounds of Knights and Masters conversing, but everything was quiet and still. The calm before a storm.

          The striped lekku that dangled on her shoulders began to tingle in anticipation. Togrutas were a predatorial species of humanoids who had a heightened sense of hearing, sight, and smell, and although she could not hear anything in the current moment, she could smell smoke and the distinct metallic scent of fresh blood.

          Ahsoka followed her nose to the source of the smoke and blood. As she neared her destination, her ears picked up on the sound of marching soldiers, the buzz of lightsabers, and blaster fire zipping through the air. She sucked in a worried breath when she heard the pained yelling and screaming of dying Jedi and Clones.

          She turned the final corner and arrived at the source of the smells and sounds. What Ahsoka saw made her want to throw up. The Jedi were fighting the clones. There was no battle droid to be found. She did not know what to do, she did not know what was going on. There were corpses everywhere: Jedi and clone alike.

          Ahsoka heard a slight whimper coming from her right side behind a pillar. She cautiously sneaked over to the noise to see a padawan cradling her master's corpse in her arms. Ahsoka placed a finger on her lips to tell the padawan to be quiet. Even though she knew it was of no use, Ahsoka felt for a pulse on the master's wrist. She sighed when she found none.

          "Do you know what's going on, Padawan?" Ahsoka whispered, placing a hand on the padawan's shoulder to try and comfort her.

          "So may clones came into the temple. They were being led by Master Skywalker. They started slaughtering us."