Chapter 7

Not edited
    Movement occurring in the corner of my eye, has my head turning in that direction and as my eyes land on the pacing tense form, my mood sours even more. Of course it had to be Hunter. And... his friend... Marcus? Jerry notices as well and he physically shrinking back as Hunter's friend waves. Jerry shifts so that I block out the other guy with my body. What's this? Why is he so scared?

    Jerry just shakes his head as I look quizzically at him for an explanation. "Thank you all for coming." Although the tone is light, there is no mistaken the tightly reined in anger shimmering underneath the surface. The glare is moved from Hunter to his friend before the blazing eyes settle on me and Jerry.

    Great, now I need to deal with a pissed off Head Master as if my day isn't horrible enough. Holding his burning stare, I dare him to do something about it. Ignoring the insistent tugging at my arm, I am itching to do something, start something. Anything is better than just standing here doing nothing.

    "You have bigger things to worry about than my annoyance at the present situation Ainsley." I am not surprised that the Head Master to respond to my mood. I can smell the restlessness hang around me like a thick cloud of badly sprayed perfume.

    "Yeah, but is not my fault." I glance to the side to see Jerry's wide-eyed stare at talking back to the Head Master. "Nor Jerry's," I add and see Jerry slump with relief.

    "I didn't bring any of you here to play the blame game." The Head Master continues, yet there is an annoyance in his eyes as he looks at Hunter, who looks away ashamed it seems. "I told you not to do this." He addresses Hunter who snaps to attention. "I emphasized that I will speak to him first about this." Here he gives Hunter one of his signature probing stare.

    Hunter turns a little pink and I can't help but chuckle and find it cute. So this is what an embarrassed Hunter looks like. It's kinda cute. The Head Master glances my way, silently telling me I will get an earful too.

    "It seems that the rumours are true about everybody going insane when the Blood Call starts." Though it is said in general, I have a feeling that Hunter is being addressed. "Your fathers were quite the troublemakers when theirs started. And it seems that particular tradition continues in the both of you." His fingers go up to massage his temples. "It is already giving me a headache."

    "The worst is that you are still partly sealed." The Head Master mutters softly, yet to me, it sounds like he standing beside me.

    "What do you mean 'partly sealed?' I thought that everything would be fine when I came here?" I don't like the fact that I sound confused, but I can't grasp the fact that my abilities still are not fully developed.

    "That's what we thought too. But apparently, we didn't take into account how far your parents were willing to go to make sure you stay safe and fully transform you into a normal human without any of our abilities."

    Ignoring the questioning stares, I give the Head Master my full attention. "This only recently came to light when one of my personal trusted doctors did a blood test on you and took a skin sample. She ran some tests and concluded that both your mother and father sealed 90% of your abilities before they disappeared. I am not even sure that Elena knows about this."

    I can only gape at his words, "Then undo the bonds that still chain me!" I clench my hands into fists as I feel anger bubbling up from the core of my being.

    "The thing is, we can't. Would have done it in a heartbeat but we can't. My doctor found traces of your father's magic in your blood and your mother's in your skin sample. She assures me that whatever it was that they did, it is nearly worn off. It seems that the seal was never meant to be permanent."