15/01/18 Monday

I woke up late today because I was doing time pass till late in the night yesterday. So I had to rush through my breakfast, not properly chewing the food and enjoying it. Sleep on time. Wake up at the same time everyday (5-5:30). Don't be lazy in the mornings. Hurry in the simpler things to get the time to properly chew and enjoy your breakfast.

I went to the library immediately after reaching college and then to my class. The lecture started in a few minutes. My friend was absent the previous day so I was explaining things to her. Hence I could not eat a small snack of dates and almonds (4 each) that I carry everyday. Then there were continuous lectures and a break only at 11 a.m. Don't skip on the smaller meals every 2 hours. They go a long way in keeping you fit.

I didn't talk to my sister today. I saw her missed call two hours later as I had already left for a class and left the phone at home. While this is good, since I brisk walked to the class and didn't use the scooter for a short distance, and reached early but without a phone could do my eye exercises instead of whiling away time checking WhatsApp and Google Chrome, I should have apologized to her and called back as soon as I saw the missed call. I am in the process of discovering the importance of relations over education, degrees and other personality enhancing engagements this year. It's only been about a fortnight into 2018 but pointing out your mistakes and correcting them is always good, new year or not.

My sister is younger and might have had something important to say. I just brushed it off, thinking it's okay since I already missed the call when it was there. But today was her first day of mock exams. I forgot to wish her all the best yesterday. Maybe she would've wanted to vent out her feelings and I was not there. Being there for people even when you don't think it's important is crucial. It might be life-changing for them. And we must never miss a learning curve in anybody's life. It always helps us to enrich our own.