Chapter 3

Aurora sits in discomfort and silence. She examines the room, which is mostly wooden, as she taps her foot at a quick pace while she subconsciously picks at her fingernails. Thousands of thoughts were rushing through her mind, mostly containing images of what she imagined would happen to her in the horrific areana. The silence, which was anything but peaceful, was broken when the door burst open and slammed into the wall behind it. Two peacekeepers, dressed in there white costumes as usual come through and strut over to Aurora and yank her to her feet by each of her arms.

"Time to go" Growled the peacekeeper with his hands positioned on her right arm.

As Aurora expected, no one came to visit Aurora before she left to go to the Capitol, since she would be seeing her brother Haymitch on the train, and her parents could not care less about her.

"You know, I can walk by myself. I'm not a baby." Aurora retorts.

The peacekeepers firm grips didn't loosen even in the slightest, and Aurora let out an audible sigh.

"Suck it up, princess" the peacekeeper on her right remarks.

".." Aurora opens her mouth to retort to his comment, but then closes it deciding that he wasn't worth what little time she had left.

The three of them continue walking, when they finally reach the train, Aurora hesitates. Knowing that this would most likely be he last time she would see District 12. Sure, the district was poor and lacked food and money, but home was home. Her thoughts were interrupted when the peacekeepers pushed her violently onto the train, resulting in her falling over. She gives the pair of them a death glare before standing up and making her way through the train in search of her brother.

Aurora makes her way through the different compartments of the train. As she enters the dining area on the train, two large arms engulf her in a bear hug, and she immediately hugs back, knowing that it is her brother haymitch. Her emotions finally gets the best of her as she lets a single tear slip from her grass green eye, but she quickly wipes it away before her brother can see it.

"I'm so sorry" Haymitch whispers, only just loud enough for Aurora to hear. He feels so guilty for Aurora getting reaped. He felt like she was most likely reaped on purpose for punishment to him for showing up the Capitol in his games when he used the forcefield to his advantage in the games prior to his sisters.

"You couldn't of done anything about it, so don't be. It's not your fault." Aurora coxes, pulling away from the hug so that she can look him in the eyes.

"That doesn't mean I don't feel guilt about you being here." His eyes advert to the ground as he realises that Aurora is oblivious to the fact that he is probably the reason she is here.

"Don't be. All that matters now is me surviving the games." Aurora subconsciously bites her cheek. She knows that her chance of winning the games is slim, nearly impossible. She was just trying to give Haymitch hope, knowing that if she died, it would break him.

"Yea, you're right" Haymitch mutters.

"We should find nelly and start to talk about tactics." He continues, but this time he says it louder, with determination even mor evident.

Up until now, Aurora had been two involved in herself and had completely forgotten about her district partner, Nelly Waters. She knew nothing about him, except his name and his age, which was 18. She was hoping that he was good at fighting and surviving, so if she couldn't win, district 12 could still have a winner.

As if on cue, Nelly walks through the door to the dinning carriage. The two Abernathy's turn to face him.

"Hey Nelly. We were just about to try and find you so we could talk about strategies." Haymitch explains.

"Look, I don't need some stranger that is younger than me telling me terrible strategies that will get me killed because you want your sister to win, because unlike her, I actually want to win this. So stay out of my way, and don't make me force you." Nelly glares at Haymitch and then Aurora, before pushing past them and leaving there sight.

"Well, that makes my job easier. Let's talk tactics."