He sat up. "You don't need to do that. If you don't want to work here then you don't have to but don't stress yourself like that. I don't need your pretty ass working." He stroked my face. What did he mean by that?

"What's wrong with me working?"

"There's nothing wrong with you wanting to work. Ambition is good baby but you don't need to work. I already have money for the both of us... for our family."

I groaned. "Please stop mentioning family."

"Why do you always get like this when I mention having a family with you?" He said defensively. Great now I've pissed him off.

"I'm not ready yet Lucas. I thought you'd understand that."

"When will you be ready? We're not getting any younger and I want some damn kids!" He yelled harshly

"I'm not obligated to have your kids, hell I'm not even obligated to marry you if I please. If I say I'm not ready then I'm not ready."

"You know sometimes you can be a real bitch. I give you everything and more and this is how you treat me? I don't need you Kyrie, I could have any girl I want and make her my wife but no I chose you!" His eyes widened once he'd realized what he had just said "Kyrie... baby I-"

"I'll see you at home." I walked out of his office making sure to slam the door. I can't believe he just said that.

Later that night

I hummed taking one last look at myself in the mirror. I looked good

Lucas and I were about to head out to my parent's place for dinner

Lucas and I were about to head out to my parent's place for dinner. In case you were wondering no I haven't spoken to him since what he'd said earlier today. In fact, after he said it I just decided to come home. I didn't feel like seeing his face at all.

"You look nice." I turned my head towards the bathroom door seeing Lucas leaning up against it smiling. I just rolled my eyes not bothering to say anything.

He cleared his throat. "You ready?" I nodded brushing last him and making my way down to the car not sparing him a second glance. The ride to my parents was awkward, only because he tried to make conversation and I really wasn't having it. What does he not get about the silent treatment?

--

I dragged my calamari around my plate trying to tune out everyone's voice. I don't even know how long we've been here but I was most defiantly ready to get my black ass out of here.

"Kyrie what's wrong baby? You haven't said anything since you've gotten here." Lucas' mom Cheryll said

"I'm fine Mrs. Richardson, just tired." I smiled reassuringly

"Alright." She smiled "How was work today? I haven't heard any office stories from you lately. Has my son been good?"

Did I not just say I was tired?? I was about to give her a basic answer when an idea popped into my head.

"Actually something did happen today... I resigned." I smiled

My dad chocked on his water. "You did what?"

"Resigned." I shrugged. Everyone looked at me in shock, my dad just looked embarrassed and angry.

"I think that great hun." My mom spoke up and s cheery tone "Now you don't have to worry about anything and you and Lucas can finally give me some grandchildren." Everyone's faces softened once my mom said that

"Woah let's not get ahead of ourselves here, they're no babies." I laughed "Actually I'm planning on using my degrees I earned in college."

"Kyrie.." my dad warned but I continued on anyway

"I've actually been looking at a few places to work, the Manhattan metal institute and hospital seemed perfect-"

"Kyrie." He said more sternly

"I was planning on going by there tomorrow and picking up an application-"

"KYRIE JEZEBEL LAURENT, STOP THIS INSTANT!" He screamed causing everyone to turn to him

"What's the problem?"

"Kyrie your mother and I taught you better than this. A woman is not meant to work at all, you're lucky we even met you attend college. All we want is for you to live a successful life, what's so hard to understand?"

"I don't see how I can't live a successful life working for my own things and providing for myself."

"No, and that's final. You're not working. I forbid it."

"Excuse me? I don't mean to be disrespectful, dad but last time I checked I'm an adult who can make her own decisions. I'm 25 for Christ sakes, I'm not a child you can push around!" I said my voice gradually getting louder as I felt my blood pressure rise. I felt Lucas grab my hand in an attempt to calm me down.

"You're making yourself look stupid Kyrie, sit down." He demanded

I laughed. "You know what? No. You don't run me." I grabbed my purse and phone "I'll be leaving now, thank you for dinner mom." I turned to Lucas "I'm taking an Uber home so don't worry yourself." Is scoffed before leaving. I can't believe them.