CHAPTER 4

"Sorry, my hands became slippery when I saw you pestering my woman. Is one hundred thousand enough for your medical fees?"

I flinched.

This might be the perfect time to make everything turned into slow motion. Where the main character will glanced at her knight and got attracted by his intimidating charms. Kung saan mabubuhos ang buong atensyon mo sa kanya and you will fell from his admiring actions in an instant ---how his ear piercings dazzled on your sight, how he clenched his angular jaw in anger, how his dull eyes throw a glare that can kill and how he hold your waist tighter.

Where you will feel that you are finally safe now that he's in your side and ready to protect you.

Ikaw namang si tanga maniniwala na gawa ng tadhana ang lahat. Oo nakukuha mo'yan kakabasa ng libro at kakapanood ng kdrama.

"P-president Neves!? I-I didn't mean to do it I just---"

It took me a few seconds before going back to my senses at muling napatingin sa lalaking ka blind date ko lang kuno kanina. Hawak na niya ang kanyang basag at dumudugo na labi--- after almost kissing the floor earlier at nanginginig sa... takot. I can even sense that his confidence earlier are nowhere to be found right after that unexpected explosion.

Para ba itong biglang naduwag na tigre matapos makaharap ang isang nanlalapang leon.

Wait, did I heard it right?

He call this man behind my back... President Neves?

As in President Jillian Ibarra Neves from En-Neves Corporation, the most popular company with highest net worth in the world and operates several thousand of Hotel-restaurants throughout Asia--- other small businesses and their products excluded.

Tangina hindi ba ako nananaginip?

My gaze shifted to the stranger who save me. I can't sense any terrifying aura towards him, but he have strong vibes, making this dumbass kneel in front of us--- or rather him alone.

"L-Let me explain."

"Who cares about your explanation?" Without getting bothered by the customer's stares and gossips start to roll around, he only eyed the frustrated maniac who harassed me.

"T-that girl is a bitch! maybe you just mistook her as your girl."

Napamaang ang aking labi.

Aba gago, sampalin ko 'to ng isa eh.

"Just call my secretary if it's not enough. " My eyes suddenly widened as he threw a cheque towards the maniac's cracked face and sighed, "And I almost forgot Mister Fernandez, tell to your parents that the deal is off and I already torn the contract minutes ago. You can just check the trash bin if you want proof, please excuse us." then he grabbed my hand, found the both of us exiting from the scene and leaving him dumbfounded.