Chapter One

"Are you sure we're going the right way, Owlglass?" Shellwhisper asked, catching up to the brown and white tom.

"Yes. Petalstar told be to follow the trail of cherry trees. I trust my leader." Owlglass replied, flicking his tail and smacking Shellwhisper in the face.

"Ow! That hurt!" The red and brown she-cat whined, pouncing at the tom. She pushed him over and pinned him, easily beating him with the advantage of surprise.

"Quit acting like kits, you two." Dapplestep meowed exasperatedly. "We just started our trip and you two are already arguing. It's not even sunhigh yet!"

"Sorry Dapplestep." The two cats said in unison. Shellwhisper knocked her tail against Owlglass's feet, knocking him over and snickering before rushing back to the other two cats in the group.

"Dapplestep! Shellwhisper tripped me!" Owlglass rattled, looking at Shellwhisper straight in the eye.

"No I didn't! Dapplestep, he's lying! He's accusing me!" Shellwhisper cried, leaning against her friend.

"Owlglass, quit acting like a newborn and accusing other cats. Let's hurry up before the sun sets. I want to try and get there before sunhigh tomorrow. Now, if you would kindly HURRY UP, we can continue." Dapplestep turned around, stalking away with Reedscale by her side.

🐚🐚🐚

"I'm bored and hungry." Owlglass whined. "Let's hunt."

Reedscale, who had been mostly silent, finally spoke. "Fine. We're near a river, so we can have two cats fishing and the other two hunting on land."

"Okay! I'll go with Dapplestep, and Reedscale will go with Shellwhisper." Owlglass replied, shooting Shellwhisper a "get owned" face.

"Alright, you two can go fishing." Dapplestep mumbled, turning and began stalking for prey, with Owlglass near her.

"I guess the two of us are going fishing now?" Reedscale meowed, flicking his tail.

"I guess." Shellwhisper shrugged slightly, turning in a circle to survey the small lake.

"I'll go to the right side, you can stay here or go somewhere else." Reedscale purred.

"I'll stay here." Shellwhisper replied. "I think there are more fish over here."

"Alright." With that last word, Reedscale turned and began walking towards where he said he would be fishing.

Positioning herself to where she would be able to quickly dive her paw into the water, the bicolored female waited for a good fish.

Yes! Shellwhisper thought, catching sight of a bluish gray trout. She waited until it was in front of her, before swinging her paw into the water, hooking her claws into the scaly flesh of the fish. The she-cat pulled the fish or of the water, biting it to end it.

She tossed the fish onto the grass, its fresh blood clinging to the blades.

🐚🐚🐚

"What did you guys catch?" Dapplestep asked, her Pygmy Hedgehog and Indian Roofed Turtle sitting next to her paws.

"I got a catfish and two goldfish." Reedscale meowed, nudging them forward into the center of the four cats.

"I have caught three beetles, a chipmunk, and a lizard." Owlglass purred proudly, puffing his chest out and kicking his five prey items into the center.

"I found a trout and two medium sized minnows." Shellwhisper mewed, gently pushing her fish into the small pile.

"And I have a hedgehog and a turtle." Dapplestep meowed, kicking her prey to accompany the rest.

"This was mostly successful. Owlglass, how did you find that many beetles?" Shellwhisper giggled quietly with amusement.

"I found five of them in one area, but I only caught three." Owlglass flicked his tail, playfully batting his paw at the bicolored she-cat's ear

🐚🐚🐚

Wow! That was the most I've ever wrote in a chapter! 600+ words! What do you guys ship? Now I can't decide between OwlxShell and ReedxShell. UGGHHHH THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH WRITING BOOKS! YOU CAN'T DECIDE WHO TO SHIP!
Anyway, byeeee!!

~🍬Taffy🍬