Chapter Nine: Invisible

Start from the beginning

            The door burst open and Roxanne stepped in, smiling cheerfully. “Hey, sis and future bro-in-law! And hey there, Melanie! I have loads to tell you!”

            I grinned. “Really? What is it?”

            “Jeremy talked to me! Can you believe it? I almost died in pleasure!”

            I stared at her blankly. “Jeremy? Who’s Jeremy?”

            “Wasn’t he your friend? That dark-haired dude with amazing sapphire blue eyes?”

            “Oh, he’s name is not Jeremy. He’s Jasper. Jasper Mendez,” I said, trying not to laugh at Roxanne’s epic fail statement.

            She blushed. “Ah, right. Sorry about that. We didn’t talk much but he approached me during Phys Ed! He asked me if I know how to play volleyball. It’s our lesson for Phys Ed today and he doesn’t know how!”

            I laughed. “Yeah, that’s Jasper. He’s sporty but he doesn’t like volleyball that much. Saying it’s for girls and all that. He’s more of a basketball guy.”

            Roxanne sighed dreamily. “He’s really handsome…”

            I tried not to laugh again. If Jasper could hear this… it’ll definitely inflate his ego. I sighed. Thinking about Jasper made me miss home again.

            “So the human wasn’t any trouble?” Garret’s voice rang the living room. Suddenly, I found myself to be thrilled to see him again. It seemed like my day is complete when he’s here.

            I mentally slapped my face. Why the hell am I thinking about these kind of things? The guy is in love! He has already found a wife to be with forever! I sighed again. What a lucky bitch.

            “Nah, she wasn’t,” Flynn said, grinning. “She was a good girl.”

            Garret snorted. “Good. We dropped by at her house to pick up some things for her.”

            My jaw dropped. “You know where my house is?!”

            “Well, yes. We followed your sister after classes.”

            “You saw my sister?! Oh my God, have you seen my Mother?! Do both of them look okay?”

            “Your Mother wasn’t home. And well, your sister looks more than okay.”

            I frowned. “What do you mean?”

            Garret scratched his head awkwardly. “Um, she brought a guy over and they were doing something… well, private.”

            I blushed. “Oh… Yeah… Well, what do you have for me?”

            Roxanne tossed me a big white bag. “I managed to get some clothes for six days and some bras and panties. By the way, nice thongs!”

            Everybody laughed while I blushed angrily. “I don’t know if that’s a compliment or an insult.”

            “It’s a compliment, don’t worry.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Anyway, I better take a bath. I want to change to my own clothes.”

            “Okay! And wear the thongs. I’m pretty sure Garret would drool over you,” Flynn said, winking at me teasingly.