Sorting things out

Start from the beginning

Jason stands happily, and walks over to join us. He sat beside me, awkwardly enough. He thinks that we're besties or something. I guess he is one of my closest friends here...

Jason barely said a word before the Headmistress continued, stopping us from talking.

"Levesque, Hazel."

Hazel took a timid step forward, and then continued shyly to the stool. She sat down quickly, and the hat was placed on top of her short curly hair.

I crossed my fingers and toes that she would be with us. She flinched, ever so slightly, but composed herself as the hat began to talk to her.

It didn't take long for the hat to call out (in a pleasant tone, I might add!),

"Gryfindor!"

Hazel stood and breathed a sigh of relief, just as I did. She walked over and took a seat next to me after getting Thalia to move next to Rachel. Hazel gave me a reassuring smile, and went back to staring at Frank.

"McLean, Piper!"

Piper took a deep breath, and made her way up to the stool. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly when the hat was put on her head.

She seemed to have a long debate with the hate, her nose scrunching and un-schrunching repeatedly, which I'm pretty sure Jason found adorable by the way he smiled. A look of relief washed over Piper's face, and the hat finally made its choice.

"Gryfindor!"

Piper looked very pleased with herself as she came and sat next to Jason.

"Did you charm speak it or something?" He asked

"Tried to." Piper replied.

"What do you mean, tried to?" Percy asked.

"It wanted to put me into the yellow or blue ones, so I tried to charm speak it. It knew what I was doing, but let me be with you guys because I tried so hard to convince him." Piper said with a dazzling daughter-of-Aphrodite smile.

"Shhhhh!" Annabeth chided.

"Valdez, Leo!"

Leo smiled crazily, and walked leisurely up to the stool.

He plopped himself down, and grinned up at the hat as it was placed on his head.

That's when it started. Leo's face slowly became red, and a single tear slipped down his face. Just as he jumped out of the seat, the hat cried, "Gryfindor!"

Leo wiped his face quickly, and came to join us with his usually smiling face.

He sat next to Percy, and looked down at his hands.

No one asked him what was wrong. We all knew it was his mum (not mom okay? Okay!) The hat had hit a sore spot in Leo.

"Zhang, Frank!"

Frank, being the last one, walked towards the stool self-consciously. He sat down gingerly, and grimaced when the hat was put on his head. It didn't take long. In about the same time as Jason, the hat called, "Gryfindor!"

Frank let out a long breath, and came over to us confidently. He took a seat next to Hazel, and then the talking began.

A/N: on one side of the table, it goes; Frank, Hazel, Nico, Jason, Piper.

The other side; Leo, Percy, Annabeth, Rachel, Thalia.

Okay? Okay. I think I may be saying that too much...

"What classes are we in? Where's the timetable?!"

"I can't wait to check out the lake!"

"Is there, like, a spell for fire?"