The Spawns | Chapter XXII -- I'm Not the Third Wheel

Beginne am Anfang

Cole finally came to sit with us and Maika pinched me, “I’m trying to ease you in back to it.”

I groaned, looking at the sky. “You’re worst than usual.”

She made a pffff sound. “I’m always like this.”

“She’s always like this,” Cole agreed, while she put her calf on his lap, giving him little kicks, probably trying to get a foot rub.

Again, I made a pained sound, rubbing my face, replacing my sun glasses. “But I’m not always hungover.”

“True.”

I looked their way again and Maika was messing with Cole’s hair with her free foot. “You guys are getting too friendly together,” I whined.

Maika stopped moving and frowned at me, like she was utterly confused. Cole was trying not to laugh and said, “Too… friendly?”

I groaned, yet again. “Shut up.”

“Jay-Jay-Poo’s jealous, dear,” Maika whispered, loud enough for me to hear.

“I’m not jealous!” I exclaimed. They were ganging up on me. I always hated when they did that.

“Yeah, you totally are,” Cole laughed at me. Back stabber. What about brotherhood and all that crap? Shouldn’t he be siding with his fellow male? Not with the traitorous double jointed Asian!

“I’ m not.” I defended myself. “You two are just being all weird this morning.”

“He feels like he’s the third wheel. He’s jealous,” Maika whispered again.

Oh my god, how many times would I have to say this? “I’m not jealous!”

At this point, Maika was sitting, so she started to give Cole little elbow shoves and leaned her head towards his, whispering, “But he is the third wheel.”

“What the hell?” I slapped the ground with both hands. “I’m not the third wheel! I’m running this show!”

Mai snorted. “No you’re not.”

I am.”

“Cole is.”

“I am,” Cole agreed.

“And I’m the sexy female lead,” Maika explained. “You’re like a sidekick.”

“My sidekick,” Cole grinned mischievously.

I let my head fall back dramatically on the ground and whined, “I wanna go hoooome.”

“Aw, poor baby,” Mai crooned, crawling towards me. “Cole, come give Jay some loving.”

I raised my head quickly and started to crawl away from them both—Cole was following her lead. “You two better back off.”

“Let’s give Jay-Jay-Poo some luuuurving.” Cole drawled.

“GET AWAAAAAY!” I yelled and tried getting on my feet to run and hide, but they were two and they were quick, so Maika quickly grabbed me, pinning me down, and Cole helped her keeping me on the ground while she blew raspberries all over my face.

When I finally managed to get out of their grips, kicking and screaming, I ran away towards the deck.

“I’m going to kick your asses,” I yelled back at them—they were hot on my trail and this was kind of pathetic because they were two and they were the ones chasing me, not the other way around. I

“You can try.” Cole screamed at me.

Maika was the first to catch up with me. I tried to grab her to swing her over my shoulder but she quickly kicked my legs from under me and made me fall on my ass. And of course, Cole had taught her well, because she knew how to keep someone down, even if the were bigger and stronger than her. Damn martial art freaks.