Chapter 2

Last Time:

I walked to the bathroom in the cabin and took off my shirt. Thanks to my dreams I knew exactly where every single scar I got in the pit was. I traced my fingers over them before I turned my attention to the box on the counter.

--------------------------------------------

I reached out and grabbed the box and opened it. Inside were special contacts I had asked Apollo to make. They let me actually see things, but each pair only lasts 24 hours, if im lucky otherwise they last about 6-12 hours, less if the fates decide to be cruel. That and I dont have that many. Sure, Apollo said I could ask for a new box any time but I didn't wanna bother Hermes that much, and my powers work fine for the oblivious demigods that can't seem to realize I never look directly at someone. I get close but never spot on.

Slipping on a pair of contacts I walked out, blinking a few times to get used to seeing again. You never realize how important your sight is or how pretty colors are, until you cant see anymore. Normally I would wait until tomorrow when I leave to see mom before putting them on, but after a year, I kinda have to get used to having them in again.

 After I got used to seeing again I noticed the others had left, I wondered why until I heard the horn blow twice. Oh, so that why. Dinner time. I left my cabin and headed to the dining pavilion. I got there and sat at the Poseidon table after grabbing one of the magical plates and summoning some blue pancakes for dinner. It was fish for the rest of the seven who came o sit by me. I think they just like seeing my horrified face every time sea food is near me. I mean, I can talk to fish, I could have had a conversation with some of the ones they are eating. Ew. That just... NOPE not thinking about that. I'd like to keep what little appetite I have left after the pit.

I ate quickly before muttering the excuse of 'If  I'm leaving tomorrow, i need to pack now' before leaving. It was true though. I'd rather not get on the cleaning harpy's bad side. Or become their lunch if I stay to long trying to pack tomorrow.

I packed up what I had with me before at least trying to sleep again. It didn't work. So I just lay on my cot staring at the roof eventually going into a light doze, not deep enough to get dreams though.

=====================================================================

Yeah, its short. Sorry, next chapter should hopefully be longer. I just needed to get something up before I completely forgot about this one.