Nine

I scream, and the sound reverberates throughout my room.

In a blind panic, I run into the hallway and start shouting.

"Tony, Tony, they're outside!" I scream, frantically running around.

"FRIDAY, please wake everyone up! Sound an alarm! Do something!" I shout to the cieling.

"Activating alarm system." FRIDAY replies and suddenly flashing lights go off, accompanied by a loud and steady beeping.

Almost in unison, everyone runs out of their rooms and into the living room where I now stand watching the backyard in horror.

These...things out there. They look like lizard people. Like an upright alligator of some sort. They terrify me to my core.

"What's going on?" Cap asks me frantically and I turn to look at all of them.

I run into Tony's arms, with tears on my cheeks.

"I woke up and they were out there, look!" I shout, pointing at the large back windows. Everyone stands in momentary horror before Cap snaps into action.

"Everyone, suit up. Now!" He says, and people run back into their rooms to get ready for battle. Tony has to somewhat pry my arms off of him so he can get to work as well.

"Hey, you stay here, okay? You'll be safe in your room." He tells me with his hands on my shoulders, looking into my panicked eyes. I nod.

"Bruce, you too, this isn't your fight. Stay you." Tony says, looking at Banner who is clearly trying to keep his calm.

"Come on, Tony, let me help." He replies.

"Okay. Go stand in with the stones. A last resort, last line of defense thing." Tony tells him.

"I'm on it." Bruce nods, turning to go to the compound where the infinity stones are being stored.

Before he can leave, Natasha grabs his arm. She takes his face gently in her hands and says, "Don't go green."

Bruce nods.

Then the Avengers assemble, and they all run outside in their suits to fight. Even Loki joins them, probably pleased he can finally use his scepter again.

There must be at least a hundred of the beasts out there, and the Avengers are comically outnumbered. I need to help them. I can feel it in my gut.

Despite my fear, I need to ignore Tony. These people are my friends now, I have to fight beside them. I run into my room and throw on the only clothes I have that seem suitable for a battle. It's not much, just some athletic black leggings and a similar tight black athletic shirt. I tie my sneakers and put my hair in a ponytail before running outside.

"Don't think Cassidy, just go." I tell myself as I rip open the back door and run out to my friends. It's like a scene from a movie out here.

Iron Man, Scarlett Witch, Falcon, and Vision fly through the air. War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, and Loki team up on the ground to fight the reptile beasts.

Thor left for the beginning of the fight to fly to the other side of Tony's compound where the Asgardians have set up camp to check on them and make sure they're all inside and safe.

I gather my bearings and look around at the chaos in front of me. I see one lizard who slipped by the rest of the gang is running towards the compound that I know houses the infinity stones, and I run towards it. I see one of the metal disks Tony and me used in my training on the ground and I raise it with my powers, hurling it towards the thing.