Twenty-Three

"Shit." Tony says.

Him and I are currently down in his lab fixing my suit from the other day's battle that ravaged it apart.

"What's wrong?" I ask, hoping the suit isn't beyond repair.

"We have company." He says, and then flips a monitor to face me. A dozen armored trucks have pulled up outside the compound, and men in black armor with guns pour out of them.

A black SUV pulls up to the front gate, and a tall man with gray hair steps out of the vehicle and approaches the gates.

"Tony, let me in the easy way, please." The man says into the intercom.

"Uh, yeah, just a second." Tony says, before bolting up the stairs to where everyone else is lounging in the living room.

"Everyone, on their feet. Secretary Ross is at our doorstep and he doesn't look happy." Tony shouts, and everyone gathers around him in the entryway. "Thank God the Guardians are off fixing their ship, because that racoon would get us into so much more trouble than I probably will."

"Do we hide them too?" Bruce asks, gesturing to Steve and Nat and whoever else is technically a fugitive.

"No. We're done hiding." Cap says.

"Come on in." Tony says into his watch, presumably which connects to the intercom outside, and the gates swing open.

Secretary Ross walks forward followed by twenty or so armed guards.

Thor pulls me behind him, and Loki steps shoulder to shoulder with Thor so that I can barely be seen by someone coming in the front door.

"Don't get involved." Thor whispers to me. I nod. Loki reaches behind his brother to grab my hand and squeeze it for a moment.

"What a fun surprise, Ross. Maybe a little more warning next time though. I could've been indecent." Tony jokes as Ross walks through the door.

"You should've been expecting us after all the attention your little fight got the other day. You made too much noise, Tony." He says.

He walks confidently into the room and his men follow. They make a perimeter around the large open room, essentially pinning us all inside.

"Now, I'll give you a chance to explain to me why the United Nations was not informed that the Avengers are back in operation, and why you did not get permission before engaging in acts of war on the soil of the United States of America." He says, directing his question to Tony.

"Well, technically I bought the airport moments before an alien spaceship landed on it, so really it was my property." Tony begins and Ross rolls his eyes.

"Tony, I'm not in the mood for technicalities. You signed the Sokovia Accords. You work for the United Nations now." He snaps.

Tony stays quiet. I suspect he doesn't want to get himself into more trouble.

"Now, I need everyone in this room who did not sign the Sokovia Accords and is therefore a fugitive of the law to turn themselves in. This includes but is not limited to Steve Rogers, Samuel Wilson, Clint Barton, and Wanda Maximoff. You will be arrested under the sovereignty of the United Nations and dealt with accordingly." Ross states.

Nobody moves.

"For those of you who signed the accords but did not follow them, you will be punished as well and you are lucky that I am willing to consider allowing you to remain outside of prison and in operation. Maybe." He adds.

From what Nat told me about the huge fight over the Accords, her, Tony, Vision, and Rhodey are the ones who signed.

"And finally, to Thor and Dr. Banner, welcome back to Earth. We will brief you on the Accords since you were absent from the discussions, and hopefully you will sign them. If not I will politely have to ask you to leave my planet." Ross adds.