"I-I'm scared."

"It's going to be-"

"Nothing good can come out of waiting here like this!"

"Liste-"

"Mum's going to be more disappointed."

"For fucks sake Harold shut up!"

Harry turned to look at his friend, and Niall looked back at him with remorse. Niall took the younger's hand in his own and smiled, receiving a small smile back.

The doctor they'd been talking to came back into the room with a clipboard in his hand and a furrowed eyebrow. Harry sat up from where he was laying on the bed. The doctor sat on his chair.

The two teenagers waited.

"Mr. Styles, it's going to sound... strange. But I assure you everything is fine ok?"

Harry hesitantly nodded, applying slight pressure to Niall's hand.

"We've run the diagnostics on the urine test and the blood test. And of course the ultrasound we did. I can confidently tell you that you don't have a stomach flu or virus or anything of that sort."

They both sighed in relief, until his next question.

"I do have to ask, have you had unprotected sex in the past two weeks?"

Harry blushed and looked at his best friend, who gave him a weird look, then looked back at the doctor, nodding slightly. Niall was shocked.

"Alas! The pieces of the puzzle fit. Mr. Styles, congratulations. You're pregnant!"

Harry's jaw went slack and Niall gasped so hard he sucked in saliva at the same time sending him into a coughing fit.

"Ex-excuse me?"

"Like I said, it sounds a bit weird-"

"A bit? You just told him he's pregnant! Are you being serious right now?"

Niall sneered towards the doctor, who was very unfazed by both the boys' reactions.

"Is he the father?"

Harry's and Niall's eyes bulged out of their sockets, quite scared but amused by this doctor's assumptions. Who did he think he was?

"What! No fucking way! He's my best friend and that's it. But you need to tell us seriously, what's wrong with him and why he's suddenly getting sick all over the place!"

Niall said standing up. Maybe they should go to a different hospital. He was just about to suggest it when Harry's hand wrapped around his wrist and pulled him back to his seat. Niall looked into his eyes and saw he was scared, but he wanted to hear what this doctor had to say. He sighed and looked back at the doctor who had amusement written all over his face.

"Well then. The concept of male pregnancy sounds foreign, I get that, but it's not impossible. It's very rare of course, but we've had some very successful male births in the last five years."

"How is it possible?"

"Well, some males are born with dormant female parts in their bodies. It's why you don't get periods or cramps. But unprotected sex allows the sperms to swim up to your uterus and find the egg. You don't have many so you probably won't have more than 3 births at the most."

Harry nodded and laid his head on Niall's shoulder. He came to this hospital thinking he probably has a virus or something, but he doesn't. He's leaving here with the knowledge that he's pregnant. 

"Well Mr. Styles, it's up to you to decide what to do with the pregnancy. You can keep it, or terminate it. If you decide to terminate it, I can tell you that it is a very dangerous path. Keeping it is not any safer, but I will personally be assigned to help you through it and monitor it."