Chapter 16 - Eye of the Storm

Start from the beginning

Only thing she was older.

The woman said something to Rayin and froze just as Rush appeared at her side and then Ryder.

"Oh my gosh" I said to myself as saw the woman fell backwards hitting her head as Bryce used the other arms not holding the little girl to try and break her fall but it was useless.

"Stand behind mommy" I said quietly to the triplets as they all looked on scared.

I walked in front Bryce who had the little girl cradled in his lap as well as the woman's head and dialed 911!

“Bryce? Oh my gosh! What happened?” I said as he looked up at me.

“Yes! Please! I need an ambulance at the American Museum of Natural History at central park please.  No the lady fell and hit her head.” I looked at him for confirmation that I was telling what happened correctly, I didn't want him to know that I watched the entire thing unfold.

“She’s breathing but I think she is unconscious. Ok thank you! Hurry.” I said disconnected the call and fell to my knees next to the woman.

I checked her pulse. Its there but a bit weak. It's fine I guess, her chest was still moving up and down. I mean it's still there where I can feel it and I'm no doctor or nurse.

“Her pulse is fine!” I told him. “Do you know her? What is her name?” I then asked.

“Yeah. Ummhh this is my mother, Elena Tully.” Wow what a hell of a way for the kids to meet their grandmother.

I placed my hands on her cheeks and rubs gently. “Mrs. Tully? Mrs. Tully? Can you hear me? I need you to open your eyes please if you can hear me? Elena?” She doesn't respond but the sound of sirens coming gave me solace that she would be better.

The paramedics arrived and lifted her on the stretcher. Bryce then informed them that he would be riding with them as it was his mother but they told him he couldn't ride in the back with a child unless the child was the one on the stretcher.

He looked conflicted between his mother and the little girl who was crying. I guess too much is going on for his little brain to comprehend.

He then turned and looked at me hopefully.

Oh hell no!

What the hell am I suppose to do with her? I have three kids I can barely keep up with and plus this would mean seeing Bryce again today. I'm not ready.

“Please!” He begs, looking from his mother to the little girl. Who the heck child is she anyways?

Oh hell. Fine! I really don't have a choice. Who am I to deny a man begging to go care for his unconscious mother.

I take the crying child from his arms.

“They are taking her over to Mount Sinai. Meet me there please I will have my brother’s come and take Tomar while I make sure my mother is ok. Thank you so much Raelynn. The guards will have the car take you, since it has Tomar’s car seat strapped in!” He said then chased after the paramedics pushing his mother towards the ambulance outside.

"Dada! Dada! No! No! Dada!" The little girl screams after Bryce is out the door.

Oh my! Dada? As in he's her father? As in Bryce has another child?

I don't know why but in that moment I felt broken. Why? Only god knows.

"It's OK baby! It's OK! Daddy will be right back." I rocked her and cooed.