Chapter 18

Serena's POV

Standing under the shower and letting cold water flow down your body- I call it heaven.

Once I got home from Ash's, I went to my room and switched on the shower and stood there not bothering to even take off my clothes. When I slowly took them off I met with so many bruises on my neck and collarbone and shoulders. I saw them earlier at Ash's place, but now they looked more deadly. The memory still played like a cassette.

I shake my head to forget about it for a while and enjoy my shower.

Ash.

I subconsciously smiled at the thought of him. He freaked out when he started explaining.

"..this got me worried and just to check on you I-I-I-um-ugh! I-I s-st-stripp-ed y-our clothes?" He mumbled.

"Idiot.." I muttered and smiled as I turned off the shower and stepped out of the bathroom.

Just a mere thought oh Ash makes me smile. He was right when he said I changed. I hate to admit this, but he has always been right. I sigh.

"I guess, I have to sort this out myself."

I look outside the window. The rain had stopped but the sky was still dark with black clouds.

I know what I need to do.

I know what is wrong now.

And I am going to make everything right.

"I am breaking up with you, Calem."

~O~

Ash's POV

"Uhhhh- hi?"

I wake up on a fine morning and go to the washroom to brush my teeth and when I come out, I see a blonde sitting on my bed, reading her kindle.

"Is that how you greet me?" She looks up from her kindle and smirks at my confused face. "Get ready. We have school in 15 minutes."

I nod my head awkwardly and turn to enter the washroom but before I do I hear her speak again.

"Don't take too much time. I am not your groom yet, so just exit like a boy usually does...in a minute."

I smile and enter the washroom. I start squealing like a girl once I get inside and dance my 'happy dance.'

This is the Sere I have grown up with.

~O~

There was this awkward tension on the cafeteria table between the four of us during lunch. Marina was sitting with her head down, Calem was staring off in the distance, Sere was reading a book with a lollipop in her mouth- typical Sere and I was looking at each of them, one by one.

"Why aren't you so observant during our Bio practicals?" Sere suddenly spoke up while turning a page and sighing.

Marina snapped her head back up and Calem broke his trail of thoughts and looked at me.

"Uhh..."

"Well, we all are living beings, so he is being observant in Bio currently." Calem said. This earned him a glare from Sere.

"Very funny Xavier." She droned.

"Sere, I told you I didn't know that he would drop by and-" Calem started but was interrupted by Sere.

"Its Serena. And I guess, I forgave you already. But I am not going to soften up to you, or Ash or Marina."

"What? Why me too? I didn't do anything to you and I am your sister." Marina joined the conversation.

"I know, sis. But if I am soft to you then Ash would think I am being partial."

"Hey, don't involve me in this Sere. I did not do anything." I frantically shook my head.

"So, you have no problem if I am being soft with her but not with you?" Sere raised her brow.

"Yes, I am totally fine with it!" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Wait a moment! You did not have a problem when Ash called you 'Sere' but you had when I called you that! That is so not fair, even after I apologized!!" Calem said.

"Not even Marina is allowed to use that name. Only Ash does and only he will." Sere said.

"What!!??" Marina and Calem exclaimed together and glared at me.

But I gave them no attention as I was busy squealing inside.

"Sere, I wanna hug you!!!" I stood up from my chair and opened my arms.

"Shut up and sit back down." Sere said while turning another page of her book.

I sat down quietly after smiling like an idiot.

Well this was what I missed. Marina being the shy one and speaking occasionally but mostly listening to us. Calem trying to be manly but always failing at his attempts. Sere being the tomboy and hardcore, and me, being childish and enthusiastic.

This was our group. We four are different but bonded by our childhood. I loved this feeling. The feeling of sitting with your friends. And this is what we missed in the last two weeks. We don't need to tell each other that we missed them because we know we do. Even though the other may ignore you and all, but they still love you no matter what.

Sigh.

But besides this, I still have a feeling of unrequited love. For Serena Yvonne.

When, how and why I fell, I don't know. But I fell. Hard. I fell hard in love for the tomboy.

And I can't shake that feeling off.

"If you are done shaking your head, mind telling us what you are thinking?" Sere questioned.

Marina, Calem and Sere were looking at me. Marina worried, Calem confused and Sere, well, emotionless.

Sigh.

How am I ever gonna make her fall for me?

"Haha, just thinking how to make a girl fall for me." I chuckled, rubbing the back of my head nervously.

Shoot.

I said that aloud, didn't I?

~O~

Serena's POV

Make a girl fall in love with him? He is in love?

My eyes widened as he said that. It was as if the air had been sucked out of me. I couldn't form words, I thought I forgot how to speak. I just blinked like a newborn baby who tries to adjust to the light and noise.

But he said he loved me...

"Awww..who? Ash who is your unrequited love?" Marina chirped and gave Ash a quick side hug.

I though she liked him. Why is she bouncing happily now?

"Ash, my boy! Finally you grew up? Who is that unlucky girl?" Calem snickered as Ash's face turned sour.

"Just...someone whom I met sometime earlier." Ash mumbled.

Oh.

"I need some air. Be right back." I awkwardly stood up and left the cafeteria.

What's wrong with me?