Chapter 8: Sweet Trouble

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

     "N-no." I suddenly stuttered from fear, "P-please leave me alone," I pressed my hands onto his chest but he didn't budge.

     "Who the hell told you not to call me if it's late night! You would have been killed!" He exclaimed, making me flinch from his deep scary tone. His grip tightening making everything worst.

     I bravely shot my gaze up him, "Who the hell told you to come back when all I need is the truth why you kept on fucking following me!" I argued back, making his eyes go darker and his whole body tensed as if he just saw an enemy or a prey that he wanted to eat.

    "You'll know the truth sooner – not today. You're not ready to know the truth, " He said as he removed his burning gaze away, making his tensed body loosened up a bit.

    I wasn't able to fight back as he swiftly stepped back and walked away quickly. As soon as he disappeared, I took in a very deep breath before releasing a long sigh and finally headed inside the door – my eyes are still wide from his sudden actions and words that made me more curious. I don't care if curiosity killed the cat, but I have a strange feeling destiny is trying to show me something – something I really needed to know about.

    I looked around and mom isn't around again. Mom is certainly asleep already, so I directly went inside my bedroom. I turn on the lights and plopped down on bed, not even taking off my shoes. Upon closing my eyes, I suddenly remembered I need to take a good warm shower. So even though my body is about to give up, I still pushed myself up from bed and quickly head into the shower and stripped my clothes off. I stood in there for like 30 minutes – leaning against the wall and kept thinking of how my life became so insane – but on the other hand, I made myself enjoy the heat from the shower until I heard my door room creaked open.

     "Honey?" Someone muttered through the door.

     "Mom! I'll be out in a second," I replied back before turning the shower off and wrapping my hair with a towel and wrapping my body with another towel. I stepped out the shower when immediately, my jaw dropped on the floor.

    "Hey," Harold sighed without lifting his eyes on me – sitting on the edge of my bed. I couldn't be able to think clearly anymore from this sudden situation. I wanted to scream for mom but I'm pretty sure mom won't understand. I have no undies and everything but only to be covered by a towel and I know mom is gonna freak out when she sees us here.

     "H-how did you get here. I thought you left." I immediately took a step back as soon as he stands up and took a step forward.

    "S-stay back," I warned, fearfully pointing him with my index fingers. "P-please leave," I asked but still – he wouldn't obey.