Chap.18 "Dark Vipers Downfall"

Start from the beginning

(This photo was taken by an OWN Scout that pictures the Battle Fleet, U

(This photo was taken by an OWN Scout that pictures the Battle Fleet, U.S.S. Missouri is pictured to the left with a landing craft, The Omaha-Class Light Cruiser that is to the right is the U.S.S. Raleigh.)

When the volley fire of the Montana's had commenced, It would rock the ship as if a huge wind pushed the ship. Even the Maximum-Class of Super Dreadnought Battleships would volley fire and it would get the same results, Meanwhile after the bombardment, Verti assault teams filled with Enclave and Paladins arrived while Federalists and NCR Rangers go into Airborne combat. While the Airborne troops parachute out, OWN was now officially encircled by advancing Battalions. Viper was not going to give in easily and would fight till the last man died, OWN robotic troops were stationed near the entrance while they could see a convoy of troops that were coming from the south. The troops were Sturmabteilung troops that were being led by Dr. Schadenfreude, Another thing to add on top of the main Sturmabteilung men are that they had the color Grey instead of brown. This was a great tactic that Schadenfreude had, It was to disguise his own troops in battle.

After a good five hours of constant non stop fighting, Dark Viper had made the most terrible decision that would cost him his life. Viper made a break for the mountains while escaping the all ready bombed facility, Once he was running into the wooden and alpine areas with some ninety of his staff and soldiers, Nora and Autumn were near his current position talking about their lives and past events. When Nora and Autumn were sitting on a bench that looked straight into the woods, The two herd a branch crack in the woods, Once they shined a lamp into the woods they saw of what could be described as a chaotic scene. MacArthur's orders were to get Viper alive, Everybody agreed to this that Viper needed to be shown justice before a court.

Once Nora and Autumn got a good look into the woods, They finally got a good look of the last surviving OWN members and what was left of their military fighting off the Last Frontierian Liberation Army. Once Viper looked at them, Their was a pause, Viper had the eyes of someone who was not sleeping well and had a bullet wound in his left knee which was bleeding out. Nora knew only one thing to do while Autumn commanded and shouted orders, Nora started to run after Viper who was already almost like a snowman. This was a very foolish and almost dare devil decision that Nora make, But, Nora had some feelings for Viper that most of the Alliance were unaware of. Viper was running through the Alpine woodland while it was almost -10 degrees Fahrenheit, When he reached the top of what is Mount Isto, He collapsed due to his wounded leg that was bleeding. Nora and Autumn were nearing the top of where he was, Nora starting yelling saying that were not going to hurt you and or kill you and we just want to talk. Viper was if not scarred but not scarred to die but scarred of what he found himself up against, He mistakingly fought against the wrong people at a wrong time.

When Nora and Autumn finally reached the top, They found Viper huddled up next to a boulder that two of his aides were armed and aiming at Autumn and Nora. He was then encircled by everyone, When Douglas reached the Mountain, Viper was still conscious or as MacArthur and everyone else described it as "Barely or at least trying his very best to hand on to life, It was like a light sleep or just going into the first stages of being unconsciousness". A dialogue was written between the both Viper and the Alliance, Here is the written words that would change the whole course of History:

Original Text, Truce of 1945

MacArthur: "Well, We finally meet face to face on Mount Isto."

Nora: "Please, Don't kill him."

Autumn: "Nora, What are you trying to say, This man is a traitor to the United States Government and the Enclave."

Frank Horrigan: "You and your mutie bastard friends have gotten a lot father than you should have."

Viper: "Well? What are you waiting for, Shoot me."

Cyborneer: "We don't want to wish harm upon you or your men."

MacArthur: "Listen Viper, I want to know why you attack first?"

Viper: "Is it not obvious, I tried to protect the citizens of Alaska from the Frontierian Liberation Army."

Schadenfreude: "Viper, I tried to tell you back in our universe that if we crossed over, We would have gotten ourselves killed."

Viper: "Ha, Your lucky to even survive that catastrophe back in our universe if it wasn't for me opening the portal to here."

Everyone except MacArthur, Viper and Schadenfreude: "Wait, What?"

Viper while clenching his jacket for dear life: "A...Al....low me to explain."

MacArthur: "Listen, We can talk this over in Washington, We have to get you out of here Viper."

MacArthur then radioed in for a helicopter to carry Viper to Washington, Though the flying would be long, Viper just wanted to get to a medical facility and rest. He also wanted to tell the American Caesar the truth of why he was there.