Chapter 8: Gone Baby Gone

I woke up feeling groggy and dried mouth. I sit up and I felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen.

"ah", I say

I looked around and there was bedside lamp was on but the rest of the room was dark.

I then instantly dropped my hands to my stomach, what I felt was unbearable, and my eyes begin to water and the pain grew.

My stomach was flat...empty.

I began to cry silently and whimper.

The door opened and Bruno head peaked in. As soon as he got a good look at me he ran to me and embraced me tightly.

"He's gone...he's gone", I cried

"I know love I know", He cooes

"I want my baby back", I yelled in agony

"Shh", he says

I just continued to cry my eyes out. I clutched my stomach tightly and it was almost like I was clawing at it.

He touches my hands and pulls them away from my stomach, "Baby, stop you're going to hurt yourself", He says

"I want my baby", I whispered

He sat beside me, arms still wrapped around me, and he began to rocks me back and forth.

"She killed our baby", I say

He took a deep breath and holds me tighter.

We sat there for a while in silence. I was ruining his shirt with my tears, I just couldn't stop the tears from falling. I was empty, I couldn't feel my baby in me. I wouldn't be able to hold him.

"Where's Leilani?", I asked

"she's here with mom", he says

I nodded

We sit in silence, no movement, no nothing. I just wanted my baby back that is all I wanted.

"when can I go home?", I ask

"tomorrow, I believe", he answers

I nodded.

"I know what will make you feel better somewhat", he says

Before I asked what he was doing, he left the room for a moment, and he returns with Leilani. I sit up ignoring the cramps in my stomach. I reached out for her and he gave her to me, she was smiling, and I just hugged her tightly.

"did that help?", he asked

I nodded.

"Yea it does", I whispered and kissed mydaughters forehead