10: Suprise

Its been a long minute since I updated so I just want to apologize for not updating for so long but I have been going through some things and I didn't really feel motivated because I feel like no one likes this story. Sorry.

Bex's P.O.V.

I make my way home in a lonely state. I already miss Grayson but I can't think about that. I can't think about how I told him yes. I can't think about how I said that I would be with him even though I am in a relationship with Roar. 

What is gonna happen if Roar finds out? Once I age out of foster care, I won't have anyone to move in with. Roar is my only hope so I have to love him. I can't tell him. I just have to play along for a little while. I have to love Roar.

I hear my phone chime so I pick it, looking away from the road for a couple seconds then returning my eyes to my phone. 

Grayson texted me. I click on it then look at the road. 

Grayson: I just wanted to say that I had a really amazing day with you and-- I Stop and look at road then continue reading-- I can't wait for many more days like it. You brighten-- Stop. Look at the road. Read-- my day and I am so happy that you are officially mine-- Stop. Look at road. Read. You make me so damn happy I met you only two weeks ago-- Stop. Look. Read. Thanks for making me smile so many times. Can't wait for more smiles.--Stop. Look. Read. Don't forget to text me when you get home safely, lovely.

I smile at his thoughtfulness and set my phone down next to me. I don't understand what he sees in me at all. Maybe he is just trying to use me. He might think that since I am in foster care, that I am unstable. He might try to make me feel so special to him and then drop me. What if that's what he is doing?

Think about it gives me a headache. I spent most of the drive stressing and asking myself what if questions and ended it with a drive. I pull up to me and Roar's apartment complex and sit in the car. I text Grayson back, telling him I'm home. 

Bex: I had an amazing day with you too. I miss hanging out with you already and I can't wait for another amazing day that we can spend together. I got home safe. I'll text you tomorrow. 

I press send and then text Roar:

Bex: I'm home. Be up in a few.

I shut my phone off and collect myself, taking a couple breaths. I get into my purse and take out three Tylonal pills and grab a bottle of water from the case in the back seat. I gulp the water, swallowing the pills with it. I spray perfume all over myself, making sure that I don't smell like Grayson at all. 

I step out of my car, making sure to grab my purse and lock my car, as I start making my way inside nervous for what I am about to walk into. I walk up the one flight of stairs and approach my apartment door. I take my keys out of my purse and unlock the door, stepping inside.

I can barely see anything except for a slight orangish glow that keeps almost flickering. The kitchen is dark. I set my purse on the table, setting my keys back in my purse. 

"Roar?" I lightly yell, trying to be quiet.

I don't get an answer. 

"Roar?!" I say a bit louder.

"In here!" he finally says back.

I let out a small groan of protest as I make my way to the orange, flickering glow and as I round the corner I see candles. The make a pathway to the end of the hallway into our room. I slowly follow the candle path and I am soon in our bedroom staring at Roar holding a bouquet of flowers. The flowers are a puke green with a tint of yellow and to be completely honest, they are super ugly and they look almost-- plastic and papery.