3: Under the Sky

Bex's P.O.V. 

I don't know what persuaded me to go. I think it over. Me going out to my car and taking off my dress. Getting in the driver's seat. Me getting ready to start my car. His damn flirtatious smile that drives me crazy and him telling me to trust him. 

Why did I trust him so fast? I am in a tight tank top and tight booty shorts and my mind told me that everything was fine. Just because he told me to trust him. 

He opens the door for me and I smile. "Thank you." He gets in the car seconds later.

"So, where did you name come from?" he asks. 

"What?" I ask, shocked.

"Bex. I have never heard that name ever in my lifetime. Who are you named after? Who named you because it is a very compelling name," he says, sounding interested. 

"My mom named me. She read this book when she was younger and the main characters best friend was named Bexley. So she wanted my name to be Bexley," I say.

"She sounds like a wonderful person, your mom, I mean. I hope I get to meet her sometime soon," he says. 

"That's weird, Grayson," I say, trying his name out. 

"So is your name," he comebacks. 

"Well, you are going to have a very difficult time meeting her," I say, the words coming out of my mouth before I think. My eyes open in shock at what I said but he doesn't notice because he is driving. 

"And why is that, Bex?" he says. 

"Well, for one she is all the way in Illinois and--" 

"You parents are okay with you being in California?" he asks but it doesn't seem like he wants an answer because he starts talking again, "My parents are in New Jersey. They were kind of iffy about me and my twin brother moving here but they got over it, What about you?"

The words come out of my mouth before I let them, "My parents can't really care where I am because they are dead."

He looks away from the road for a second to glance at me. "Oh, God! I'm sorry," he says. 

"Why are you sorry, you didn't kill them?" I say simply. 

"Do you mind me asking how they passed?" he asked. It took me more than a year to tell Roar how I was put in the system and how my parents died but I trust Grayson more than I ever did Roar. 

"My dad and mom cheated on each other. My dad found out about my mom cheating and hired someone to kill her. They came over to our house and shot her. There was a trial and they found out what my father did so they put him in jail. Not even a year later, he fell while showering in the prison and busted his head open. He died," I explain. 

"How old were you?" he asks.

"I was 9 when my mother died. Just after my birthday. They found out about my father so they put me in foster care. Moved me around here and there and now I am here. I only have 3 months and then I am out of the system and on my own," I say.

"So, how old are you?" he asks. 

"I'm 17 turning 18 in 3 months. I kinda just said that except for the age but that was kinda obvious since you age out at 18," I say. 

"Well, I didn't know if you could leave at 16 or whatever," he says. 

"So I look 15?" I say, laughing. 

He looks over at me while I'm laughing. He smiles at me, "Do it again."

"Do what again?" I ask, confused. 

"Smile. Laugh. Do it again," he says, waiting. He looks at the road then back at me, expectantly. 

"Why?" I ask. 

"Because it is beautiful. I love the sound of your laugh and the way it makes me feel," he says. 

"Well, how does it make you feel?" I ask. 

"Like it was made for me. Like I was supposed to hear that laugh every day. It makes me feel like a child when I would hear the ice cream truck and always waiting for it," he says.

I shake my head and smile at him. I hide my face because I know I am blushing. "Where are we going, anyway?" 

"We will be there in a minute," he says. We drive for what feels like the longest minute of my life until he pulls up into an empty corn field. He drives down the path for a little while until I see I little place that has some light. We get closer and I realize that those are candles. 

The truck stops and he gets out. I get out too. The breeze feels nice on my bare arms and legs. He meets me at my door and, once I close the door, he sets his hand on my lower back, leading me to the candles. I blush again and smile. Once I see what is all there, I chuckle and roll my eyes. 

"Do you like it?" he asks with his flirty smile. 

I stare at the blanket surrounded by candles and the Randy's Pizza box in the middle. 

"It is the double cheese, your favorite, and I got some other kinds to try," he says still wearing his smile. 

He walks over to the blanket and sits down. He looks up at me and says, "Well, are you hungry?" 

VOTE AND COMMENT