Chapter Four

So first of all a massive thanks to those reading this story. I hope you'll like this chapter as well. 

"So you'll either have to come over or meet up at a later date," she added as she reached behind her and opened the door.

"I have time now." he immediately said, he was not going anywhere if it meant he got to meet his son. There was nothing more important than this and nothing was going to stop him.

"Just follow me," she told him as she stuck her foot in the car. "I took the tube," he told her with a sheepish grin as she nodded her head in understanding. "Get in then," she told him as he almost bounced around the car, a grin on his face able to light up all of London. "Not a word though," she warned him, the eagerness in his entire body would be clear to anyone. He was even in the car before she was fully inside of it.

She noticed him looking over his shoulder at their son as Arthur gave her a worried look. "Mummy?" he asked her as he watched the stranger in front of him, looking at him in a strange way. "it's alright little man. He's a friend." she told him as she rubbed his leg a little in what she hoped was a reassuring tone.

How was she supposed to calm her son down when her own heart rate was through the roof. Every sense, every nerve being attuned to the man beside her. Her body still remembered the way he'd held her, touched her, stroked her skin, made love to her. The drive despite it only being ten minutes with heavy traffic it seemed so much more and longer than that though. Normally she went on foot but she'd been in Bristol that morning discussing something with their museum and she'd needed the car.

Parking the car in the complex garage near her house she got out of the car and quickly rounded the car. Glen stood beside the passenger's door awkwardly waiting. "Could you get my briefcase and handbag?" she asked him over her shoulder as she unbuckled her son from the car seat and lifting him in her arms. His head immediately dropped to her shoulder, his face hiding in her neck as she felt him suck his thumb.

She was surprised to find him acting like this. He was a chatterbox to almost every stranger. Not all of them, but he had the same ability as her, being able to talk to many people. But it seemed he didn't like Glen very much.

"Sure," he told her, shaking his head a little, he couldn't look away from his son. He seemed to be a shy little boy as he hid in her mother's arms and neck. He followed after them as she led the way to a three-story Georgian house. She unlocked the door and led him inside as she waited for him to walk in and lock the door.

Looking around he immediately sensed her in the house. everything was just her and he hadn't expected anything else if he were to admit it to himself. He noticed rows upon rows of pictures in the living room before he turned his head back at Kate.

"Mummy are we going to see George tomorrow?" He heard Arthur ask his mum as she kissed the side of his head. "Yes buddy," she told him as she put him down and he raised to the corner in the room with toys, books and a children's desk.

"We're meeting with aunty Kate and Meghan tomorrow," she told him as she put his backpack on the cabinet beside his desk. "Seems like he got his second breath." Kate chuckled softly beside him as Glen continued to stare at his son, drawing at his desk.

Turning her attention to Glen, she could see the emotions playing out across his face. "Arthur come here for a second? I want you to meet my friend," she called him and going by the look on his face, this could go one of two ways. he was her son after all in so many ways. Walking up to her, Kate crouched down in front of him and Glen was quick to mirror her actions.

If she was going to introduce them, he couldn't wait for it. This was the first time that he got to see his son from so close by. Not hiding in his mother's neck or anything. He wanted nothing more to reach out and pull him into his arms, hugging him and telling him he was his dad. But still, he knew Kate wouldn't appreciate it, certainly not when she had extended him a chance to at least get to know him.