Part XI

Part XI:

Mexico was nice; it was beautiful actually...

It was something about Mexico that made Chris so happy. Maybe it was just the fact that he was traveling and escaping whatever troubles were back in New York. Maybe, it was the fact that everything seemed serene, and that made him feel normal..

It was something about Mexico that made him affectionate, passionate..

Mexico, that's going to be ours. That's going to be our spot, our escape, our everything.

I sat in the sand, at the beach, watching the sea sway. Chris was doing whatever impulsive things he does when his mania kicks in.

"Hazel! Hazel! Look what I found!" he called before plopping down next me.

He had a sea shell.

"What if we started collecting these? That'd be something beautiful to put on display, at home. We could put it on the coffee table and just be like 'yep, got it from Mexico.' And, we'll talk about how in love we were at the time and how that's going to be our retirement place," he rambled, his pace of talking faster than usual.

"That'd be a great idea, Chris," I smiled.
He smiled back before he abruptly got another idea.
"Let's go swimming," he grabbed my hand.
"But, Chris--."

He was already running toward the water, dragging me along. He jumped in, and I followed behind. I swam for a while, and when I looked out over the sea for Chris, I couldn't find him.

"Christopher! Chris!" I shouted.
I spotted Wolfy lounging on the shore.
"Wolfy! Did you see where Chris went?" I called.
He shook his head and shrugged.

Next thing I know, arms are wrapping around me and picking me up.

"Chris! Chris, wait!" I laughed before he dipped me into the water.

He laughed as I broke from his arms and stood straight. I glared at him as his laughing got harder.

"You think that's funny?" I spoke, my fingers running against the band of his swimming trunks.
"Yeah," he nodded.
I pulled down his trunks, which was fortunate for him since the water was waist deep.

"You're gonna regret that, Hazy," he warned me while pulling them back on.

I began to swim away, and once the water was shallow, I began treading the water and running toward the shore. I ran toward Wolf for safety.

"Did you find him?" he asked.
"Hide me!" I screamed as Chris approached.
"Oh, there he is," Wolf smiled.
Chris smirked at me before beginning to chase me around Wolfy.
"Aye! Take that shit somewhere else," Wolfy spoke.
"Sorry, Will," I smirked.
"Yeah, sorry, man," Chris stifled a laugh while taking my hand.
"Don't make no damn sense. It's like I have to babysit a couple of kids," Wolfy muttered as we giggled and snickered.

We made our way back to the hotel, where we showered and got dressed in more comfortable clothes...

"Babe," I spoke, caressing his face as his head laid in my lap.
"Yeah," he responded, his eyes glued to the ceiling...
"Why are we in Mexico?" I asked.
"The drugs from Italy were shipped here.. I have to make sure they get over the border to the U.S," he answered.
I nodded as silence lingered in the air.

"I wish we brought the record player," he said.
"I do too," I kissed his cheek.
"We should go buy one," he said.
"No. We already have one, at home," I told him.
He sighed.
"It wouldn't hurt to have another one," he replied.
"We don't need it though, baby," I reminded him.
"I know," he spoke...