Flashback.

Flashback:

"Finally," I whispered, looking at myself in my full length mirror. I had on my blue cap and gown, a cute floral dress underneath. Graduation day had finally dawned on me, and boy, was I ready to get my ass away from that high school. This was my last day, officially, before I leave for Cali. I want to get a head start on figuring my way around the city..

I adjusted my golden tassel and began to close my open gown. My phone vibrated, and I could hear it doing so across the room. I answered the call after seeing that it was Chris calling. "Hi, Chris," I grinned. "Hey, Hazy," he replied. "You ready?" he inquired. "Just about," I answered, adjusting my heels and fixing my hair, under my cap. "I'm outside," he informed me. "Since when were you my ride?" I asked. "Since I told your little boyfriend to step off," he replied, referring to Jerome. I rolled my eyes...

Chris and Jerome now have an unspoken beef. Nobody talks about it, but everyone knows it's there.. They both wanted to take me to prom, and often began to spit venom at each other. I eventually told Chris that I'd go to prom with him, and that I'd go our graduation party with Rome...

"Whatever, Boy," I replied while walking toward the front door. "Mommy, I'm gone," I called. With that, I walked outside. There he was, leaning against his car in his cap and gown. His arms opened as a smug smile pasted itself on his face like he was basking in the sun. "Oh my gosh. Look at you!" I smiled as I approached him. "Look at you," he smiled and growled while wrapping his arms around my waist. He left a kiss to my neck before giving me a wide smile... We got into his car and he drove us to where the graduation was being held. He held my hand as we met up with our peers. I got in line, between who I needed to be between, and he followed me. "Hi, Chris," the two girls I stood between smiled and batted their eyelashes. "Hello, Ladies," he smiled politely before averting his attention back to me. "Chris, go get in your spot," I told him. "This is my spot," he smirked. "Okay, whatever," I shook my head. He smirked while taking my hand into his. He played with my fingers for a while before kissing the back of my hand. Our fingers were laced before he smirked. He stepped close to me and kissed my forehead then my nose then my lips.

It was intimate moments like this that made everything worth it. Putting up with his overprotective ass, being in middle of his beef with my best friend, dealing with his groupies... It was worth it. I opened my eyes as he kissed my cheek and began to leave a kiss to my neck again. Across the way, I saw Jerome. "Stop.. Stop," I told Chris as Jerome approached. Chris smirked and stepped away from me as slowly as possible. Jerome stopped, glaring at Chris. "I'll see you tonight, Baby," Chris said, knowing Jerome was standing right there. He turned, facing Rome and mugging him. Rome returned the look, looking as if he was about to bark at Chris. Once Chris was gone, Rome smiled broadly at me. "Hey, Romeo," I smirked, taking the suffix of his name and adding an 'O'. "Hey, Zelly," he did the same, adding an 'ly' and engulfing me into his embrace. "It's Grad Day.. You excited?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm ready to get out of this hellhole," I replied. He chuckled. I spotted his black bowtie and began to straighten it. "Thanks," he smiled slightly while adjusting my tassel. "Someone's so excited to leave this 'hellhole' that she's got her tassel on the wrong side," he said. I giggled before pulling away from him."We still on for tonight?" he raised an eyebrow. "Fa sho', Romeo," I smiled. "What did I tell you about trying to act black?" he joked. I punched him in the shoulder as he laughed. "You know I love you, Zelly," he leaned in to kiss my forehead. "Nah, you like to tease people," I pushed him from me. He laughed. "In line, People!" an administrator order. "I'll see you later," he stole a kiss from me, his lips on the top of my head, before making his way several people behind me...

It took forever to get through the beginning of the alphabet, and I knew it'd take even longer to get through the rest of it. They finally got to Christopher, and I screamed and cheered along with everyone else who hooped and hollered. And, sooner than later, I was taking my walk across the stage as my name was called. It was applause for the most part, but one voice stuck out among the rest especially since they were a decent closeness to the stage. I took my diploma and shook hands with whoever as I heard the voice somehow get louder. "Woo! That's my wife up there! I love you, Baby!" I looked to see Chris standing, clapping, and cheering. I blushed and covered my face with my diploma while taking my exit.. It took a while to get to Jerome, but once his name was called, I screamed and cheered for him. He spotted me and winked at me, making me die a little inside and turn a bit red...