11. "Oh come on, we're family already aren't we?"

I stared at the coffee maker as the coffee dripped into the glass. The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the kitchen. Damian's coffee maker was so much newer than mine. I was in love with it.

I had woken up to an empty bed with morning and with a text from Damian letting me know he would be back later. Last night we ended up getting home until around eleven at night. The labor had taken a little longer than anticipated. Thankfully, the mother and baby were fine. Damian, of course, felt guilty though I assured him it was okay. I wasn't angry at him for looking after the health of a newborn. I had taken the time to contemplate life which God knew I needed to do. I had to get my life together.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up at Aaron who was standing by the dining room table wearing his pajama pants and black T-shirt. "Looking at art." I joked as I reached for a mug. "Do you want a taste of it?"

He chuckled. "Well, if you put it like that, yes please."

I smiled as I poured coffee into two white mugs then went to sit down next to Aaron. It felt like I hadn't seen him in a long time. Today was Wednesday. The days were going by slow and I didn't know if that was good or bad yet.

Aaron still had his sleepy face on. His left cheek was marked with the pillow, the universal sign of a good sleep.

"So," I said as I put cream in my coffee. "You are a landlord who still lives with his mom."

"Ouch." He winced then shrugged. "I get money deposited into my account every month and don't pay rent. This is how you get rich, baby."

I laughed. "I guess it's sort of smart."

"I had to do something smart with the money dad left for me." He smiled. "But I'm working on it. Do you know what a turn off it is to girls when they find out you live with your mom?"

"Right." I shook my head with a smile.

"So what's up with you, Reb?" he asked, changing the subject. "Are you moving back or what?"

I shook my head. "I couldn't move back into this house."

"Because of my mom."

I bit my lip. "Yes."

"You should tell Damian, Reb. He would do anything to get you to stay. He would buy you a mansion if you asked him to."

"Damian and I...we haven't really talked." I said quietly. "I don't know what we're doing, Aaron." I looked down at the table.

"Well, there's definitely a big talk coming for you guys but-" he leaned in, resting his elbows on the table. "Why don't you worry about that later? Just, you know, enjoy your time together. Consummate your love."

I laughed. "Oh my god, stop!"

He frowned. "You're right. Now I'm picturing my brother naked."

I kept laughing but he made me picture Damian naked. His bare muscular chest, toned arms...

He chuckled. "For real though, just enjoy your time together. Worry about the hard stuff later."

I looked at him. "Is that your life motto?"

"It is actually." He laughed. "And look at me, living a pretty chill life."

I shook my head with a smile. "So do you have a girlfriend or what?"

"No. Do you know how hard it is to find a loyal girl now-a-days? They give you their pretty innocent face when they're talking with twenty-one guys at once."

"Twenty-one, wow ." I laughed. "That's a bit dramatic. You want to settle down soon or what?"

He ran a hand through his messy hair. "I just want something real, you know? I haven't been in a relationship-well, since you left."