Ch. 5

After the meeting was adjourned Banner and Stark had decided to head down to the lab to go "play". The rest of us just dissipated around to do our own research and things.

I was walking slowly down the hallway with my briefcase still on hand. All of my things back in there original positions. I smiled at the Agents I passed, none of them returning or acknowledging me in the slightest, but I didn't let that stop me.

"Agent Morgan!"

The call sounded out behind me making me spin on my heels to see who it was.

"Hello, Rogers. Do you need anything?" I asked. When he caught up to me I continued walking with him beside me.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for doubting you when we were leaving for Germany." I looked at him suspiciously.

"Is it just my imagination or are you just trying to find an excuse to talk to me?" It was more of a playful accusation but I realized it wasn't to him when he blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

Steve POV

I couldn't help but blush and let out a light chuckle when she stated the truth. I should have known she would have caught on. After all she just revealed to us that she was a high ranking spy for a secret organization.

But could you really blame me? She was a nice woman, which was a breath of fresh air after all of the serious conversations I've had ever since I had woken up. Ever since she stepped of that plane this morning I found myself relaxed around her. Even if we were in the midst of a possible war.

"If I remember correctly you were the one that said I could talk to you whenever I needed it." She laughed at that. Glancing at me out of the corner of her eye for a split second then looking forward again, her smile still existent on her face.

"Yes but I hadn't expected it so soon. Especially in the situation we are now."

Before I had any time to reply to her we walked into the lab only just in time to see Stark zap Bruce with a piece of metal. He leaned over to observe Banner's reaction.

"Nothing?"

I walked at a fast pace to them, Agent Morgan beside me looking just as stern as I was.

"Hey! Are you nuts?" I asked him.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Tony asks completely brushing my question to the side, only angering me even more.'

"Is everything a joke to you?" Morgan piped up from beside me.

"Funny things are, double-O-secrets." he looked up at the ceiling in thought for a split second, "Hmm that doesn't quiet fit." He referred to her nickname casually.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny." I turned to Banner, "No offence, Doctor."

"No, It's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." He replied casually.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Stark commented off to the side.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr.Stark." I turned to him. His face remained stoical.

"And you think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation without all of the variables."

A suspicious look crossed my face. What is he talking about? Of course I questioned it before but hearing Stark say it made me feel even more curious.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" I asked him.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets." He sent a look at Morgan making all three of us look at her as well. She wasn't paying attention, instead she was tinkering with something small.

Morgan POV

I kept my head down purposefully when I felt all of their gazes set on me after Starks comment on Fury. The fact that Stark was right kept me from looking up at them. I just kept my walls up until they went back to their argument.

I kept myself from laughing when Steve insulted Stark's tower, but the thing that stood out to me the most was how suspicious Steve was. Stark must have lit a lightbulb in his head.

"I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." That really got my attention.

'Oh.'

I looked down to the metal 'decryption device' I was messing with this whole time. I had managed to find the time to grab it from under the desk after everyone had left the bridge to see what I could do. I hid it from sight.

"Sorry, did you just say...?" Steve was in disarray.

"Jarvis has been running it ever since I hit the bridge. In a few hours we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide."

That's when I tensed and grew cautious.

"Stark, if any information of Kingsman is on there, you can--"

"Yeah yeah, I can put everyones lives in danger." He brushed my comment off. Making me shake my head.

"No, It would mean I would have to either kill you and everyone connected myself, or someone else will find out and do it for me. If anything on us comes up, you have to promise to erase it."

Looking only slightly intimidated he only nodded his head, but that wasn't enough for me. Out of anger I threw the device down on the table in front of Tony and left the room.

Third POV

"You know I'm starting to see why you and her really hit it off, Cap."

That earned Stark another glare from Steve while Bruce sat there in awkward silence.

"I think Loki is trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if we don't stay focused, he'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them."

"Following is not really my style." Tony replied.

Steve smiled in a mocking way along with some disbelief and shook his head slightly.

"And you're all about style, aren't you?"

Immediately Steve knew he had struck a nerve by the annoyance on Starls face.

"Of the people in this room, which one is; A. wearing a spangly outfit and B. not of use?" Tony asks, seemingly trying to get Steve even more riled up then he already is.

"Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?" Bruce asks him with a much nicer tone than Tony had. It was then that Steve decided to look into it before receiving an answer from Stark, if he even had the information after Morgan had disabled his hacking device.

"Just find the cube." Steve shortly replied.

He needed answers and he knew exactly what to do and who to go to for help before he did.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I feel like this chapter sucks but it was mostly just a kind of filler and a way for Morgan to get involved. And don't worry! Tony and Morgan will get along just like Steve and Tony do as the plot progresses! The next chapter will be a flashback into Morgans past btw. Thanks for reading!