Imagine #11

{Callie Torres- Something in common}

           "I told you not to go up on the roof you moron." You smack your brother on his head.

"Mom wanted it fixed I was trying to help her out."

"You know about as much about roofing as I do." He rolls his eyes at you and You do the same.

"Hi I'm doctor Torres." A taller, dark brown, almost black, haired doctor walks in.

"Nice to meet you I'm (y/n) (y/l/n), his sister." The Doctor smiles and shakes your hand.

"So I'm the orthopedic surgeon and we need to take him to surgery cause the fall dislocated femur and the only way I can reset it is through surgery." You nod and smile at your brother and the doctor who's looking right back at you.

~~three hours later~~

You sit in the hospital room where your brother is lying there almost lifeless, having just got back from surgery.

"Is there any other family?" Dr. Torres walks in and looks over some of his vitals.

"He didn't want me to call his wife till he woke up. Our mom is in Hawaii and our dad passed away four years ago." She nodded but looked at me.

"The surgery went great but the reason we are monitoring him so closely is because he is allergic to the medicine used for blood thinning and he's at high risk of blood clots due to the area of the dislocation." You look at him and feel tears brim your eyes.

"Hey, don't cry his vitals are fine and it appears his blood flows great."

"Our father died of a blood clot." You sniff and look up.

"Sorry I just really hate hospitals. They bring up memories that I never wanted to remember."

"My best friend, the father of my child, died in this hospital. It was so hard to go back into that room. It still makes my heart hurt but I know that I can't avoid it forever."

"I guess that's something we have in common." Her laugh filled the room and it please your ears.

"You have a beautiful laugh." You quietly say and blush. She looks shocked at first but smiles towards you anyways.

"Callie, you can call me Callie." The blush on your face deepened and you let your bangs fall into your face to hide it.

"Just saying for, for free information... I'm gonna be at Joes tomorrow at about 8 o clock. By then your brother will be awake and his wife should be here so if you want a little break... Well, you know where I will be." She smiles and walks out and you are considering that offer that was left out there.

Sorry it's short but that's all I could really think of. Whoops.

I really wanted to update. With school starting back I will have a lot of hard classes and I'm not sure when I will have the chance to update, but I will when I get the chance.